Monday, June 18, 2012

HANDBAGS, FORGETFULNESS AND SURPRISES


MY BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM JANE

170 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 7 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs

 

I haven't carried a handbag for several years. Back in the 90s I had a monstrous, carry everything, soft black leather bag which I chose because it had many pockets and was big enough to carry my rather large Bible and multiple other things.

Sometime in the 2000s I bought a purposeful Bible bag which had enough room for my small coin purse, lipstick, writing pad and pen etc. On the days I didn't need the Bible bag I carried my coin purse which was just large enough for notes, cards and lipstick and my cell phone. That was all I needed. No clutter to search through. I went everywhere in the car and had no need to carry anything more. It was a great way of not having a messy bag filled with everything but the kitchen sink.

Recently the little collection of things I must have with me has increased. In addition to my small coin purse I need eye drops, glasses cleaner, lip brush, tissues, dark glasses, camera and a few other things. My family has got tired of seeing me juggle these things and of course there is the inevitably higher risk of leaving something behind.

I too, had become a little frustrated with the growing accumulation of stuff I must carry with me so I asked my daughter to buy me a handbag when she goes to Bali next month. Jane's cousin gave Jane a lovely bag when she came home from Bali, at Christmas time. I thought it was something I would not mind carrying. In fact I thought I would enjoy using it.

Jane saw the bag, photo, in a lovely gift shop in Thames and decided not to wait until her trip tp Bali but to buy this one for my birthday. Now I have a whole handbag and contents to leave behind and a whole handbag to scramble through to find things. I love it, the shape and the colour are me! I wonder how long it will take me to fill it till it bulges.

REPORTING BACK......

Tonight after we'd finished our evening meal and were watching TV we were startled by loud knocking on the back door. We don't get visitors so wondered for a moment what was going on.

SURPRISE!!!


Our Christchurch son and his wife in their hire camper had arrived. The camper, paid for by their Insurance Co. is their home for the next few weeks while the post earthquake repairs are being done on their house. We thought they were staying in the South Island so it is a lovely surprise to see them.

Our surprises did not end there. Amanda is expecting their first baby, our first grandchild. We had wondered if it would ever happen.

They announced the happy news by presenting us with Grandma and Grandpa mugs. I don't think it's quite sunk in yet.

HOW DID I DO?

I did OK

Breakfast:- None

Lunch:-   2 eggs fried in butter on flax bread

Tea/Dinner:- Half a very large pork shoulder chop with bok choy, and carrot.

Snacks:- Almonds, dried apricot, boiled egg, flax bread with yoghurt

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 4
black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer =? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

60/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2 x 0
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the grandbaby news! How wonderful :)

    I'm loving that purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! :D What a fun wa to find out.

    And the purse! Love it! I've always been tempted to buy colored purses, but never do. I know I wouldn't take the time to change the "stuffings" and just carry the black or beige ones, anyway. But yours is very cool. :)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Grandma!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day full of surprises :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME news about the grandbaby! I'm so happy for you.
    And I love your bag. I have one like that only it's a very little one in lilac.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful 'double' surprise for you both. Congratulations....being a Grandmother is just the best feeling :)
    Love your new bag.......I have a large bag as I am known for always having everything but the kitchen sink in it especially when travelling as I also have to have Jim's glasses and anything else else he doesn't want to carry in it LOL

    ReplyDelete