Saturday, June 23, 2012

FASTING



174 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 8 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 


I hadn't intended to fast today. I don't consider that ideal. I believe that fasting is something you  should plan and prepare for.

How did it happened that I fasted today?

There were no plans to go anywhere or do anything specific. That doesn't mean I don't have a million things on my 'to do' list, just that there was nothing that had to be done today.

Yesterday I went to the library and had begun to read a book last night. I picked it up to continue reading instead of getting up. I finished the book late this afternoon without getting out of bed until then.

That is when I decided I may as well continue to fast until tomorrow morning. I've had a few drinks of flavoured infusions, not real tea which I dislike.

I cooked up creamy mushrooms using some fruit wine and yoghurt cheese to make the creamy sauce. John had a 2 egg omelet with creamy mushrooms and mesculin salad with balsamic vinegar. I wasn't even tempted to taste.

For many years I didn't dare fast because I am a chaotic eater and fasting became another crazy way to lose weight rather than for health or spiritual purpose. For me it had become a mentally unhealthy.

Since becoming wheat and other grain free I don't feel as though I am at risk.

Family are commenting on how well John looks. Since he went wheat free about a month ago the rosacea, nasty red rash on his face, has cleared up. He is walking more. He has lost at least 2 kg without trying. His bad leg is not so swollen.

We both have Dr. appointments on Monday so we can ask for blood tests to check out all the health markers for vascular/heart disease, diabetes and anything else I can think of. I do hope our respective doctors are willing to help us.

Breakfast:- None

Lunch:-   None

Tea/Dinner:- None

Snacks:- None

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 3

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

69/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


5 comments:

  1. Many believe that fasting can be extremely beneficial. You should have amped up the fluid, tho!

    I remember a time when I could have spent most of the day reading, too! I've done it lots of time.

    I say, "Good for you!" :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. chaotic eater! Wow...that's ME!

    I feel the same way about fasting...I think it's something to be planned and approached with a reverent spirit within. It is something I definitely need to be doing more of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day, and got to read. That's a treat I don't usually have too much time for, but I so enjoy a good book. Dittos on the good for you!

    That's good news about John feeling better since going wheat free. Wow... what proof! I hope your doctors agree to the testing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super yea for your husband! That is good news. My husband, went he went low carb, was able to get his high blood pressure under control. The doctor dropped 2 of his 3 medications!

    Low Carb Works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, fasting is beneficial for health. overeating is bad for health as some people have habit of eating every time like snacks, nuts which results in obesity. fasting helps to control this habit and lose weight in less time.

    ReplyDelete