Friday, June 29, 2012

A CHEAT DAY .... NO! NO! NO!



181 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 10 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 

Feel heaps better today and guess what... it's warmer, blue sky and sunshine.

I want to cheat. Oh how much do I want to cheat! Earlier in the week I saw a certain number on the scales two days in a row. But..... I went up to a higher number.... Oh I want to cheat and fast or something to get that number again for my official weigh in. How silly is that? I'm becoming obsessed by numbers. The weight will come off as it comes off. I'm more concerned with health than what I weigh ...... well that is what I say. The thing is, weight and health are still closely interwoven as far as my body and general well-being are concerned. But I really want that number on July 1st when I weigh, which is less than 36 hours away as I write. Dare I fast. I would consider that cheating so maybe there is another strategy I can use that I feel comfortable with. I'm not on Biggest Loser! This is my simple challenge and I so want to meet it.

I will not cheat by fasting. That is part of the old crazy me. I can't believe I am so concerned about numbers. This has never happened to me before. I would read other people's Blogs and consider their angst with disdain. What a foolish thing to stress over. You are either eating healthy food and contributing to your health and eventual healthy weight or you are not. To be absolutely perfect and lose weight consistently is unrealistic and few of us have bodies that would comply anyway. Our physical bodies are extremely complex therefore it's the general trend that counts. Flash in the pan weight loss through fasting is cheating. Cheats only hurt themselves. I can't believe I even considered doing this for a second, let alone seriously.

I wonder if my preoccupation with the number on the scales is because for the first time in many years I know I am going to successfully lose all my excess weight. In the past it's been more of a vain hope. This time I know it's really, really possible. I know I will not give up until I am happy that I am at a healthy and attractive weight. I can also see an elusive but long desired goal in sight. One day in the next couple of years I will be small enough to fit into my wedding dress.

March 30th 2013 is our 50th Anniversary and there is a little voice of encouragement telling me I just might surprise myself and wear that dress on The Day. I would need to find a Merry Widow.... do they still call them that? A boned and strapless corselet with suspenders to hold up stockings. It had hooks  and zip all the way down the centre front and gave me a nice smooth shape with a neat waist. I hardly needed it but it was the most comfortable way to both have a strapless bra and hold up stockings. Very cute! And a lot easier to get into than those awful spandex body shapers.

I will go with the flow. I will eat whatever is on our menu but I will probably choose lower calorie options and I'm going to experiment with drinking 1/2 or 3/4 cup of water every waking hour from now until I go to bed Saturday night. I'm setting my phone alarm. It will drive us crazy but it's worth experimenting with. Here's hoping I'm not up all night making loo calls.

Reporting Back ..............

After my tasty and late breakfast I wasn't hungry until nearly 4 pm so I just had a snack sized piece of frittata to see me through. Otherwise it's been a lazy afternoon reading Blogs, searching for stuff on line

AND

Shopping for clothes.

If I like what I've ordered I'll post some photos with me in my new clothes. Most of my clothes are kind to my changing weight but I have to admit that some well shaped and fitting clothes would look better than much, of what I'm wearing. I have needed new winter clothes for a year or two but kept putting off buying anything until I reached a lower weight. I haven't reached that goal but I think I can afford to spend a few dollars on clothes that I will probably never wear again after this year.

Is that not a positive statement!

I prefer to buy classic styles that can be worn for years and years. I'd rather wear my clothes until they wear out than toss them because they are ridiculously out of fashion. These clothes are fairly plain but they will not be worn for more than one season.

HOW DID I DO?

I did well.

Breakfast:- Polenta based vegetable, bacon and feta something Cafe Breakfast. It was very tasty and I gave some of mine to John. We ate this after 10 am.

Lunch:-   Frittata

Tea/Dinner:- Frittata

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured teas x 2 ...... lost count

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

82.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st
SPRING IS BLOOMING IN MUM'S GARDEN 


3 comments:

  1. I love your belief!! You remind me of me - this s the first time that I have believed that I could lose the weight. I think I need to come and see this wedding dress :)

    I'm down the week after next so I'll let you know if I visit - or you two can come here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the goal of wearing your wedding dress at your 50th anniversary! Such a meaningful and romantic goal. Is your wedding dress packed away? Would it be possible to hang it out where you could see it each day for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmn...Food for thought here!!! It will be our 50th in 5yrs time.....maybe I'll do the same and wear mine on that day :) For our 40th our eldest daughter dressed up in it but as she is taller than me it didn't really look right LOL The last time I wore it was in the eighties some time when there was a bridal show of old gowns. I wore mine and my daughter wore her grandmothers. I still have both :)
    I hope those numbers do show for your next weigh in......I am hoping for a number to show on my scales too but as I have been 'stuck' for the last 6weeks I'm not holding my breath...I know it will happen when my body is ready :)
    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete