Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DAY 178 JUNE 26TH


AROUND PAGOSA SPRINGS APRIL 2005

  
JOHN - A COFFEE AT PAGOSA SPRINGS

Water tank beside a once busy line

178 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 10 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 

 I've only just posted yesterday's Blog. I don't know whether I was tired or Blogger was doing weird things but I just got too tired to edit it to look the way I wanted it to. I think I'm back on my usual settings today

In yesterday's post I mentioned visiting Pagosa Springs, Colorado on our 2005 trip in USA. We stayed there two nights. I looked through our photos today and thought I'd put them here for others to enjoy.

I saw punnets of American cherries for $3.99, (why can't they be honest and label stuff $4.00), in the SuperMarket yesterday. Cherries happen to be a favourite fruit but are always so expensive but I thought this a fair price ... if they tasted good. Oh, Oh, Oh! Do they ever! Sweet, firm flesh with a crunch. I think they are better than any NZ cherries I have eaten. I wonder how they are able to sell this treat at this price. I'm being very disciplined and savouring a few each day. I'm even sharing them with John. I think they'll last two more days.

I'm getting excited about my weigh in on July 1st. Shhh! It's a secret until then.

HOW DID I DO?

In spite of feeling tired, fatigued in fact, I managed 30 minutes on the cross-trainer. I've managed to eat at normal mealtimes and drink enough without having to try so hard.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:-   Salad of lettuse, carrot, red capsicum, red onion and roast beef with balsamic vinegar. Spicy hummus on a few rounds of cucumber.

Tea/Dinner:- Baked egg dish with courgettes, flax bread. Cherries.

Snacks:- almonds, brie, cranberries

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

35 minutes cross-trainer = 8 km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 x 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

82.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75
BP 15th June 2012 135/85

1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


5 comments:

  1. Hi - I just thought I'd let you know that I'm still popping by. You are still doing really well with your eating - wow, it's been a long time now! How is John managing with no wheat? It is a big change but one that we are very used to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cherries too!!! They are selling them in our farmers market now and they are delicious!! You are doing great!! Keep up the awesome work and stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I'm totally confused by "Beyond'''" comment. Who is she talking to and about what? I reread thepost, thinking I had missed something, but found no clue.

    Moving on. I love cherries. I noticed that Bing cherries are in the store now. We only have them at this time of year and I love them. I looked longingly, I'll tell you. But I'm doing so well on my low carb plan, that I didnt want to throw myself off before this "new lifestyle eating" had cemented. I know--absolutely know--that i would not limit myself to 12 cherries at a serving. I'd sit down and eat the whole package. I admire your discipline--and hope to get there, too!

    You are doing such a good job!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I deleted the strange comment. I have been wondering that I get almost no spam when so many people complain. Well lately I've deleted a few that don't seem relevant or seem to come from people with another agenda. I will continue to do this. It's my blog for me and my friends and I won't allow anything I'm not comfortable with.

    Blessings all my lovely readers.

    ReplyDelete