Sunday, June 24, 2012

LAZY SUNDAY


FLOWERS IN SPITE OF FROSTS

175 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 9 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 


I can't help myself. I keep running ahead. I hope I don't trip up.

 I must not trip up.

I've prepared my weight loss tickers for the remainder of the year or at least until I've lost the 14 kg/30 lbs which are my weight loss goals for 2013. I am 1 kg/2 lbs away from my goal for this year. I thought I should ramp-up the challenge otherwise I just might slack off and the job is not half done.

I thought that by doing this I would keep myself in check for the remainder of this month. There are only 6 days until my official weigh in. Will I lose the last kilogram on this stage? I am certainly making an extra effort. But we all know that our bodies do not always co-operate with our best efforts. I stalled for such a lengthy period I will do all I can to be successful

An interesting thing is emerging. I don't fast often but when I do the weight seems to stay off. In years gone by when I fasted the pounds returned mighty fast. Eating low carb seems to reduce that risk.

Now here's something scary for anyone who doesn't understand how low carb works. I've just read how Jimmy Moore went on an Egg Fest, eating only eggs and cheese for a period to settle his hyperinsulinemia. Then there is the story of an 88 year old man who ate 24 eggs a day. The video is on the same page I've linked to.

I always believed eggs are not as bad as the idiots said when they recommended no more than 3 eggs per week and told us the yolks are bad for us. I do think 24 eggs per day and Jimmy Moore's experiment are extreme but  I'm eating eggs guilt free again. We eat a lot of eggs, some weeks more than 30 between us. I like eggs. They are convenient, quick and ideal snack food and nutricious. Eggs can be used in so many ways and be complimented with almost any other food. They are the cheapest form of protein, rich in many other nutrients and low in carbohydrates too. I know a family who lived on fresh farm eggs and silverbeet for a prolonged period when their budget was decimated. They were young, starting their family, and lived in the country where the chickens were free range and silverbeet, (chard), grew abundantly. The mother said they were all very healthy during that period which included one of  her pregnancies. Eggs from chooks that live on pasture are best but unless you have space for your own it's not easy to find true free range chickens and eggs.

I will probably eat more eggs and salad greens this week than is normal for me but I'm not going to try for two dozen a day. *giggles*

HOW DID I DO?

I don't understand why I don't feel hunger. I'm having to remind myself to eat! How weird is that. At least I got on the cross-trainer for 30 minutes. It's  beginning to look as though I need a week of consciously doing things to the clock. Maybe it's winter blues except I'm not blue.

Breakfast:-  None

Lunch:-   None

Tea/Dinner:- cold roast beef, carrot, salad greens with balsamic vinegar. Almonds and a dried apricot.

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

30.5 minutes cross-trainer = 6.5 km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

75.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


3 comments:

  1. You know, Margie, I'm not very hungry these days, either. It's not that I don't have the urge to snack, mind you, it's just that I'm not very hungry and the urge is just a whisper--as opposed to a mind-numbing roar.

    I think God may be joining us on our Summer of Success! I know, for you it's winter, but you get what I mean. :}

    I am so grateful for the beginnings of an appetite under control. It's been a long time...

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a giggle too about the eggs. I was brought up to believe that eggs were a complete meal in a shell.......then along came diets and all the scare stuff about having no more than 3 eggs a week. (that was once I was married) Jim & I both did as was advised along with all the other diet stuff to protect our hearts LOL and guess what......nothing happened, nothing changed, now eating the way we do with lots of eggs and no bread we are the healthiest we have been :) Mmmmn my Dad did know what he was talking about.......he lived to 98,(and would have lived longer but had a very bad fall off a stretcher from an ambulance trip to hospital with a chest infection...long story) loved his butter, loved fat on his meat, lots of salt, lots of vegetables etc and very little bread. He walked twice a day even when his eyesight had him walking with a white stick and registered with the blind and always said....what on earth are you doing on a diet....eat like me!!! LOL A man with knowledge:)
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well!!! Loved reading this. After years of doing WW on and of (more of than on recently) I've been doing no wheat for just on two weeks now. So surprised at what I can eat, surprised at how the scales are dropping and I'm feeling great!

    ReplyDelete