Thursday, June 14, 2012

DAY 166 JUNE 14TH


PHOTO

166 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 7 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 

Why politicians should stay away from food taxes. An article in the Guardian titled, WHY OUR FOOD IS MAKING US FAT is enlightening. Maybe there will be a tax on sugar or HFCS, High Fructose Corn Syrup, similar to the 'health tax' on cigarettes, but it will be a long time coming.

Most of the people I know who have weight issues have not been the victims of HFCS but other factors such as Post Trauma Distress or emotional factors such as love hunger, and the easy availability of wheat starches. Wheat starches might as well be labelled HFCS as far as I am concerned. You cannot tax foods to heal such problems. Some issues run alongside the obesity epidemic as closely as Siamese twins.

That is why I believe good education is the only answer.

Our children need to be taught Nutrition, Metabolism and How to Shop and cook. It wouldn't hurt to throw gardening in either. Almost everyone can nurture a few pots of leafy green vegetables.

About my health. I'm not sure yet whether the acupuncture is doing anything. I'll give it two more treatments. Yesterday I heard about someone who recovered 100% from Bells Palsy but the person telling us thought it took 2 years. I had only given myself 9 months so I will have to be patient for a longer time.

My weight is stuck and I'm slipping back into some old habits. I think it has something to do with cold weather. Too many mornings my first meal has been at mid-day. Since one of my 'problem'areas is chaotic eating this is not the best behaviour.

Tomorrow is probably going to be another long day so I'm having a fairly lazy day today. I want to go to River Day, our day of worship, and encouragement at Hikuai. It takes nearly two hours to drive there from home and I will have to be on the road by 7.30 am to meet my friend. We usually get back to Whitianga about 4.30 pm and because it's my birthday we are staying to have diner with our daughter. It could be 10 pm before we get home.

We have beautiful weather and I should be out in the garden.


HOW DID I DO?

Another lazy day

Breakfast:- None

Lunch:-   Stuffed mushroom

Tea/Dinner:- Pork strips, apple sauce and cabbage

Snacks:- almonds, coconut bread, cheese. chocolate

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 3

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

60/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


5 comments:

  1. You've got that right about "Almost Everyone being able to grow leafy vegetables!" I don't fall in that category-LOL! I've tried.

    I also believe knowledge is power in eating properly & staying healthy (in this day/age). We do our children a great service by teaching them while they are young. My diabetes gives me opportunity to teach my 6yr old about sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday !!!! I hope you have a lovely day. Oh and I agree with you about education and the effect of wheat. My problem is not sugar, never really has been. Wheat is what got me in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. River Day!! I just sent you an email, and in it I was trying to remember what you called those meetings. :-)
    I hope you get to go, and have a glorious birthday. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a Lovely Birthday and hope you manage to do all you want to on this day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday to you!!! I hope it's the best one ever!!

    Keep focused!!

    ReplyDelete