Saturday, June 16, 2012

73RD BIRTHDAY


THE BEST COOKED CALAMARI EVER
THE CHIPS WEREN'T BAD EITHER
I LIKED THE PINEAPPLE SALSA SO MUCH I BOUGHT A BOTTLE

167 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 7 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 

By Thursday evening I had decided I would not go to River Day. Much as I love being with other women and love worshipping with them I know my body is not coping well with long days right now. I've become a slow starter in the mornings and the days I have to speed myself up I tend to feel unwell for hours. It's nothing serious and I can cope with it if I have to but I'm not sure I should be putting my body into that kind of stressful situation just for fun.

I had a leisurely morning before showering and getting dressed to go out. John and I went to Castle Rock Winery, a Restaurant about 10 minutes drive from home. We know the chef although we haven't seen him for years. The house we live in was originally bought as an investment. Andy was our first tenant when he was chef/manager at Omara's the restaurant at the Dunes Golf Club here. It was a bitterly cold day and I was glad I had dressed warmly. John and I chose an orange fruit wine. Probably not the best choice as it was sweeter than the other one we tasted, a Black Doris Plum wine. We both had lemon calamari with fries and it was perfectly cooked. Our meal was excellent and we will definitely return there. I'm thinking that if we don't go out as often as we have been lately, maybe we can give ourselves a lunch date there once a month. We really have to go back. Andy gave me a bottle of his blackberry vinegar. He makes quite a range of sauces and things and did I say he's a good shef.

After a leisurely lunch and a good catch-up with Andy we went into Whitianga for a few groceries John thought we needed then to Mum's house. It's such a cold house on a day like yesterday, especially when empty. I turned the heater on high and we watched TV while waiting for Jane to come home from work. It was so cold we closed the curtains long before it was dark to hold the heat in.

Jane cooked us Morrocan meatballs, pumpkin mash, cabbage and carrots. We enjoyed it although I felt over full from 3 good meals I'd eaten during the day.

I was spoilt with gifts from my sister, and friends, a handbag from Jane, phone calls, emails, letters  and texts not to mention no cooking.

HOW DID I DO?

I ate too much and enjoyed my day.

Breakfast:- Left-over chicken and mushroom from Wednesday's tea.

Lunch:-   Lemon pepper calamari and fries. wine

Tea/Dinner:- Morrocan meatballs and veggies

Snacks:- Almonds. Wine

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 0

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *?*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer =? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

60/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


2 comments:

  1. Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D I'm glad you had fun!!!!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a nice day, even though it was cold.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY very late!

    ReplyDelete