Sunday, June 3, 2012

3rd June


IT'S SNOWING SOMEWHERE IN NEW ZEALAND
I took this photo in 2006 when we were helping at a rural museum run by the Historic Places Trust in Central Otago in the South Island.

I like to think we have a semi-sub-tropical climate here, on the Coromandel Peninsula. Currently the nights are frosty and we expect rain but we've been having some glorious clear days with cloudless azure skies.

155 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 2 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 


I was determined to begin the day with exercise, that's time on the cross-trainer. I left myself barely 40 minutes to shower, dress for church and have breakfast. I grabbed a hard boiled egg and it was enough but I was 5 minutes late for church. I'm so glad I went. They were celebrating 30 years with their pastors who sold a farm to fulfil their calling and stayed faithful to a vision that began over 40 years ago. Part of the vision was a building. Today that building which will seat over 700 people is 99% finished.

 It's a wonderful story of what can happen when someone follows their call. It's been a huge challenge for this lovely couple who are now around 80 years old. Not the least of the challenge has been the finance to complete the build with a congregation that has seldom numbered more than 40 people. It's a story that must be written down but no-one has come along to date. I think it might be me and that is very scary. What a commitment. How can I possibly do this story of faithfulness justice? The couple who carried the vision would not allow it to be about them but their faith is the power behind the story.

I've been thinking about writing it off and on for several years now but the task is daunting and I was happy to shelve it and get on with my own life. I've run out of excuses. And today there was this feeling that I really must do this while we still live in this community. Did I say it scares me silly?

There was lunch being served in the church but John didn't want to stay. I was disappointed but he was right. There wasn't one thing we were able to eat. We picked up some eggs, cheese and tomatoes and went to Mum's house for a visit with our daughter. I cooked John and I omelets. Always good. About 3 o'clock we came home and John watch motor racing on TV while I read blogs.

I had accumulated a few left-overs in the fridge so a mixed salad with hot mash kept us full and warm. That was tea or dinner. There'll be more left-overs tomorrow. Now we watch more TV keeping cosy in front of the gas heater. Food TV.

HOW DID I DO?

I did well. All the boxes ticked today.

Breakfast:- One Hard Boiled Egg I ran out of time getting ready for church

Lunch:- Two egg omelet, cheese, cherry tomatoes

Tea/Dinner:- Steak, mashed potato, carrot and kumera with salad  of lettuce and other stuff

Snacks:- Almonds, cheese.

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

41 minutes cross-trainer = 9 km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

17.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


2 comments:

  1. You have done so well! Another THREE pouinds. That's almost 50 pounds in less than 6 months. Just a breathe away from ONEderland!

    Wonderful work, Margie! Congratulations. You give me hope.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing pretty well, dude! You encourage me a lot to be successful like you. I can't believe it is posssible to lose 50 pounds!!! Kind of miracle for me! Thanks for your well-detailed post!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete