Sunday, June 24, 2012

23RD JUNE DAY 175


VEGGIES IN OUR DECK GARDEN.

For some reason we have little success growing vegetables here.
We have the best climate but our sandy soil, ex salt swamp land, is very poor.
It lacks nutrients and is either too wet, saturated and poorly drained or too dry.
Until we can afford to build raised gardens with good dirt this is it.

175 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 8 DAYS OUT OF 30  EXERCISING


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 22 kg/ 48.5 lbs 


OOps! I'm getting slack. That's two or three times recently that I've forgotten to post until the next day.

After more than 35 hours fasting I'm taking things easy today.


There's something special in my garden.
I discovered the unexpected when taking the photo.
Weeks ago John sowed red cabbage seeds,
Tiny seeds that never germinated.
We decided the seed was too old,
having been lost and found again, 
buried in the back of a cupboard.

Today I saw that there is life, 
good germination.
Lots of tiny red leafed seedlings,
Cotyledons full of promise.

The next question is
What do we do with all these baby cabbages?

I thought how typical.
We had given up hope
And I was thinking of over-planting them.

Never give up on good seed sown.
You do not know 
when it will come to life and bear fruit.

Reporting Back ..............

What did I do Nothing!!!! Read Blogs, watched a video worked out a few sudoku puzzles. Not very satisfying. It feels like a day wasted.

HOW DID I DO?

Still procrastinating about my daily exercise. No excuse just out of the habit.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:-   Egg Salad, pork steak

Tea/Dinner:- Roast beef with salad greens.

Snacks:- 1/4 protein bar, Almonds

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

? minutes cross-trainer = ? km

I aim to walk or cross-train an average of 5 km or more each day this month.

I want to do at least 3 60 minute sessions

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km Done
2 x
3 x

69/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1 x1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs
1ST JUNE 7.30 am -  92.5 kg/ 203.5 lb

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs
May:- : 1.5 kg/ 3 lbs_
         
Next Official Weigh-in July 1st


4 comments:

  1. It's still warm enough for you to grow things outside? (I'm geographically retarded, so have no idea what your climate is like; I just know that you've written that it is now winter there.)

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't grow anything. I've tried. Maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little deck garden is so cute!
    Last year our blueberry plants didn't make blueberries for some reason... now they are going full blast. And we have a little raised bed right next to the front porch, with tomato plants, strawberries and snow peas. I always imagine they taste better than store bought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice article as it motivates others to lose weight.fresh vegetables are best for losing weight and i like the way to keep track of workouts progress and weight lose progress.after seeing this blog, i start to record my weight loss progress and eatables, workouts.

    ReplyDelete