Sunday, May 13, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY 134 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


THE NEW BUILD NEXT DOOR
FROM THE LEFT, MUM'S HOUSE, NEW BUILD, NEIGHBOUR


I want to say how sorry I am for the families and friends of the 3 students who were killed and those who are still in hospital following an accident on a New Zealand road over the weekend. The students from Boston University were on an exchange course at Auckland University.  To lose young ones in a car accident is bad enough but so far away from home must be very difficult.

I'm still reading! So far I've completed the first 2 books, 1700 pages and just starting the last book of the trilogy by Barbara Taylor Bradford .... 500 pages. It's a bit of a marathon read.

Jane, (our daughter), took us to lunch at Omara's for Mother's Day. I avoided all the wheat and high starch foods by choosing Calamari and salad which was delicious. I did hum and ha over my choice because I've never eaten calamari before and there was steak on the menu. Jane and John had high stacked hamburgers which looked delicious. I had a small problem. I still felt hungry at the end of my meal so when we were offered a desert menu I said yes. We must all have still felt a little peckish because Jane ordered lemon meringue pie and John ordered New York Cheesecake while I ordered an icecream sundae. I successfully avoided wheat but not the sugar. I did manage to hold back on the cappuccino and had a black, unsweetened coffee, (espresso), instead. Thoroughly enjoyed my lunch and the conversation. Neither John nor I are hungry, 6 hours after consuming our lunch so we have no plans for an evening meal. If I get hungry I have a slice of cheese or a few nuts. John's heated up some left-over casserole for himself.

Jane has bought the Dukan Diet book. I am interested to see how she gets on. For the last 8 weeks she has paid to go to a weight loss counsellor who also provides shakes. She has gained weight during that time. How frustrating is that!

HOW DID I DO?

It's been a good day. A Happy Mother's Day.

I can't say how good it feels to write that. It's good to know I can put aside the grief and disappointments and have a 'normal' Mother's Day.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Pan fried calamari, salad. Icecream. Black coffee, no sugar The isecream was overly sweet but at least it was wheat free if high in fat and sugar!

Tea/Dinner:- Not hungry. 

Snacks:- almonds, 10 pm

Drinks:- Water x 5
Flavoured teas x 0

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

26/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


3 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, and congratulations on your total weight loss of 45 lbs already this year! Truly inspiring. Glad you enjoyed the calamari...I always like to order that when I can. But, Donna says I always like all the weird things to eat, most of the time, anyway! Thanks for the photos. Nice that your mum's house is so near. So sad to hear of the auto accident. There are so many needless accidents on the roads these days, it seems. New Zealand is a beautiful place, and we always wanted to visit there. We will enjoy your photos, instead. Spring here in Eugene, Oregon is starting to happen...supposed to be up to 83 degrees F. today. Enjoy the day, and thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good Mother's Day Chick!
    I love Calamari!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. For a bit of light relief, you might enjoy this Cartoon

    ReplyDelete