Tuesday, May 8, 2012

8/5 129 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 5 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


OUR VIEW THIS MORNING FROM THE HOUSE

AND ALONG THE BEACH AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SECTION

I feel as though I want to stay in bed and do nothing for a week. Why am I so tired?

Maybe I didn't go to bed early enough last night and then read for too long so did not have enough sleep.

Maybe it's because I'm out of my home routine and not getting my usual amount of morning exercise.

Maybe it's because my saggy, baggy face and the un-blinking eye caused by the paralysis are dragging my whole body down.

As far as the Bells Palsy is concerned, I know, well I'm almost certain, there is a psychological effect. How could it possibly be physical? My twisted face makes me feel old, therefore I find myself moving like a very old person and what's worse, thinking of myself as "Old," worn out and weary. I have to constantly buck myself up. Bells Palsy is not a serious threat to my health. I have found nothing in all my research to suggest it has any affect on general health. Aside from the strong possibility that it's caused by the herpes virus, which also causes shingles, cold sores and chicken pox, it should not be making me feel so weary.

I have no more time for dwelling on this right now. I'm meeting a friend for lunch and haven't even had breakfast. I have less than 2 hours to breakfast, shower and do my hair. I won't be wanting to eat much for lunch.


Reporting Back ..............

A really special meeting with my friend. We haven't had a good chat for so long. I was pleased to hear she will be retiring in a few months. Currently she works 4 days a week so between her work and my days with Mum it was always hard to co-ordinate days for meeting. Soon we will have no obstacles in the way of getting together.

I made a mistake when I ordered my lunch. The special was fresh schnapper, salad and fries. I ordered without the fries. When my meal came to the table I was taken aback to see the fish was battered and deep fried. It was a beautiful plate of food and looked so delicious. The batter was perfectly crisp. I ate it all. The fish was perfect which says a lot considering I'm not a big fish eater.  The salad was perfect too but I didn't eat it all because it's really hard for me to talk and eat leaves.

I was surprised to see battered, deep fried fish on my plate, for some reason I was expecting my fish to be pan fried. Why? Everyone knows the only way Kiwis like their fish is battered and fried. Another little thing to remember when eating out. Lesson learned. Think things through a little more carefully. I'm not so concerned with the deep frying as the batter which would be made with wheat flour. Another hiccup in being 100% GRAIN FREE.

Tonight we are having pork chops with boiled or mashed potatoes and my flavoursome cabbage. I hope Jane likes it.

HOW DID I DO?

I wanted to manage the day better than I did.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Battered abd deep fried schnapper with salad. 2 cappuccinos with sugar.

Tea/Dinner:- Pork chop with my flavoursome cabbage and a spoonful of potato.

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 6
2 cappuccinos with sugar

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

26/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


1 comment:

  1. Just a thought on the tiredness.......after looking at what you had yesterday could it have been the milk & sugar?? Smoothie....did that have dairy in it? The cappuccinos - made with milk + having sugar in them!!! The batter on the fish - carbs and then the potato = more carbs into sugar!! Please don't get me wrong I am certainly not saying that what you ate is wrong just that this could be where the tiredness came from. All those carbs which would have raised the insulin level then had to be dealt with in the body. I have done a couple of experiments with eating and with the knowledge that milk has more sugar in it than cream I think I am slowly coming to the conclusion that this can be a problem for me. As I said...just a thought for you. :)
    Great that you caught up with your friend and even better that you will soon be able to meet more often. :)
    Thinking of you and hope today is a lovely one for you. :)

    ReplyDelete