Friday, May 25, 2012

25/5 146 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 11 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


NEW DAY

Today I'm making an effort to get my ducks lined up a little straighter than I've been doing lately.

Reporting Back ..............

This morning went well. I even had time to have a soak in the bath before a quick lunch of half a normal serving of frittata. We went into town so John could go to the library and take some papers into the bank. I caught up with my hairdresser and made an appointment for two weeks time and had my fringe trimmed. I also made an appointment for my first acupuncture treatment. We bought groceries including steak for tonight.

Right now I'm watching the Food Channel. For some reason it never triggers cravings and sometimes it's very interesting. Just now I've been appalled by a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. The cake was dense with flour. The frosting just made me feel sick as I watched all the ingredients going in. Honestly there was as much frosting as cake on the complete cake. I suspect it was intended to be 10 or maybe 12 servings. I doubt if I could have handled that even at my worst.

HOW DID I DO?

Ii's been a good day. One thing I am having a little trouble with is wanting to snack especially at night. This hasn't been a problem for so long I'm not on guard. Hopefully another day keeping my focus on my healthy plan with put an end to it.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Frittata

Tea/Dinner:- Steak and salad, lettuce, onion, red capsicum. grated carrot, balsamic dressing 

Snacks:- almonds, frittata, 1 ginger chocolate, dried apricot

Drinks:- Water x 2
Flavoured teas x 3

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

I'm still a long way from being able to sustain 60 minutes on the cross-trainer but I did manage to go over 40 minutes by a little bit.

42.5 minutes = 10 km

That's quite an improvement on the last good session back toward the beginning of May when I achieved 8.5 km in 40 minutes. May has been a very messy month for me. Erratic progress in all areas. June should be more straight forward. The only challenge I'm aware of is a long weekend coming up 9th -10th, with a day in Matamata, 2 nights in Rotorua and tests at Waikato hospital for John.

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

59.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75

1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the cooking shows especially the cakes!! I find the NZ hottest baker quite an eye opener now. I hope your night cravings go away. I have a few nuts in the evening if I feel like something.

    ReplyDelete