Wednesday, May 30, 2012

151 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 11 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE






Ho, Ho, Ho and a bottle of rum!

I'm wearing a black eye patch and it aint pretty especially with my glasses over the top.

I can't think how many times we've been into our local pharmacy and forgotten to ask if they have eye patches. Today I was in enough distress to remember. I bought a hard plastic cover on an elastic band and it's working. I can even see well enough to read and type. We're having cool frosty weather and while I'm generally comfortable my eye is not.

It was a beautiful morning and we had forgotten a couple of things off the shopping list John did yesterday. Some weeks ago John took the first step toward getting the old purple bus, (our motorhome), on the road again. One of the break lines had a leak and he'd taken it to a local mechanic but he didn't have the right tools. We decided it would have to go to Thames. Two excuses to just go out for our own pleasure. There was a third reason too. We only had 2 days to use the 2nd voucher Jackie gave us for Colenso Orchard Cafe.

We had  lunch at Colenso after a leisurely start to our trip. We both had the Vegetable Frittata, the only wheat free option. John is being so good about this. I think the Wheat Belly book made quite as impression. I'm glad to say I seem to have given up cappuccinos. I am preferring black unsweetened coffee. It was a pleasant drive to Thames to drop of the part that needed to be rebuilt. We'll be able to pick it up on  our way home from our long weekend on June 11th. Our old bus is nearly 45 years old so repairs and modifications take a bit of thinking through and working out.

I stopped eating wheat and most other grains 150 days ago. John joined in with me a week ago. Only two nights and I will have a new official weight. My weight loss for May has been disappointing but I have managed to lose a little.

HOW DID I DO?

We enjoyed our day and wheat free is becoming normal. I am struggling with exercise so need to get my focus right there again.

Breakfast:- Plain Greek yoghurt, chopped walnuts, almonds and dried apricot.

Lunch:- Salad and vegetable Frittata at Colenso

Tea/Dinner:- Veggie soup, slice each of cheese and flaxseed bread.

Snacks:- 

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 3
black coffee x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

59.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75

1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


1 comment:

  1. 45 pounds! Margie, that's wonderful, and you'll be adding a few more to your tally in a couple of days. good job!

    Hey. I saw a quote that you included in your comment to Lynn on Escape from Obesity. Loved it. copied it. May include it in my own post someday. :D

    For Freedom.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete