Saturday, May 26, 2012

147 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 11 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


VINTAGE CAR RALLY IN CENTRAL OTAGO

This Saturday is a quiet day. I thought it would be a good opportunity to try for 60 minutes on the cross-trainer. (edit I only managed 45 minutes).

I meed to do something for lunch. John and I have been looking after our own lunches and breakfasts individually for years, particularly since I first went low-carb because he wouldn't give up bread. I've become quite lazy as the only meal I have to be concerned about for both of us is our main meal at the end of the day. Now that John is trying out going wheat free our schedule could change. I'm in favour of having our main meal in the middle of the day but that's not a change that will happen soon.

John needs something to replace bread and I found a suitable recipe over at Maria's Nutricious and Delicious Blog. I also want to make my own meat patties for tea and I've got a bacon hock to make soup with. I dreamed about getting out in the garden but I think I've got enough going on. Maybe I can just tidy up the pots on the deck then I'll feel as though I've done something.

Reporting Back ..............

I fiddled away the morning and ran out of time to make the bread for lunch so I made an oopsie roll pizza. It was far too yummy. Using bought salsa was not the best idea because it was a little on the sweet side although each serving was supposedly a modest 9 grams of carbs. There was another problem. It was so yummy we ate 3 out of the 4 servings between us. Less greedy people might have made it serve 6 which would be very satisfying if I'd made a salad. I don't care for cauliflower so I haven't bothered with learning how to make a cauliflower base.

I eventually made the flaxseed  loaf but it didn't rise as expected. Either something to do with the ancient baking powder I've been using or I mixed the air out of the egg whites. I had a bit of an oopsie when I was separating the eggs for the loaf. I kept breaking the egg yolks until finally I ended up with yolk in my egg whites. I was relieved to be able to dig out all the yolk with a teaspoon. But it didn't end there. I had all my ingredients ready to start beating the eggs when I tipped the melted butter into the egg whites instead of the yolks. There was no way this recipe was going to work because it depended on beating the wgg whites until the made still peaks. That meant I had to keep then fat free. I looked at all this food for a few minutes before deciding to beat the messed up eggs and butter and put the in the freezer to make a future frittata. I began the loaf again being a lot more careful.

 The bacon hock is simmering away in the slow cooker and I am amazed that somehow I managed to to make the bunless hamburgers for tea as well but I didn't sort out the pot plants. 

HOW DID I DO?

I did well. I managed to drink plenty, do my exercise and do some cooking.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Pizza based on Oopsie Roll recipe

Tea/Dinner:- Hamburger pattie with salad.

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 5

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

I managed 45 minutes this afternoon. I had thought to go for my first 60 minute session but it's just too much as yet.

45 minutes C/T = 10 km

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

69.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75
BP 23rd May 2012 135/75

1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


2 comments:

  1. That Pizza on my recipe page is pretty yummy and is not a cauliflower one. Funny how things will change if John sticks with no bread :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the chicken pizza crust from Jamie? The first one I did was a little dry, so the second time I put a little more sauce on it and it was great. Here's the one I did, for a personal sized deep dish pizza: http://yourlighterside.com/low-carb-deep-dish-pan-pizza/

    She also has a thinner version without the springform pan: http://yourlighterside.com/easy-pizza-crust/

    Since it was a protein based crust, it was VERY filling! Even my picky hubby liked it.

    ReplyDelete