Tuesday, May 22, 2012

143 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 8 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE





JOHN WENT FOR A WALK THIS AFTERNOON AND FOUND THE PINE TREES ON THE VILLAGE GREEN ARE BEING REMOVED. THE LOGGING TRUCK WAS THERE WAITING TO TAKE A GOOD PILE OF LOGS AWAY.






Lynda left me the following comment yesterday about my run-down on how I use the Lean For Life program. I decided to post her comment and my reply here.


There seems to be a lot in that book that you don't agree with :) Perhaps just come up with your own plan and stick to that. I agree about the wheat, it is causing more harm than the world realises at present. I know sugar is a biggy for America but grains are the hidden sugar that people just don't consider.

My Reply
  1. I do follow the general guidelines and they are also in line with most low carb weight loss plans. I am usually under the recommended carbohydrate grams, almost always under 80gm per day and often don't reach 40 grams. I've done a lot of reading and the LFL guidelines still hold true. This is also an American program and I found it necessary to modify some things to suit our lifestyle. I'm a great believer in KISS. The program expects you to use some low carb, protein bars. I have a couple of Atkins bars in the fridge for extreme emergencies or awkward days away from home. I prefer to carry hard boiled eggs or a piece of cheese,

    Don't forget I still have a lot of weight to lose and there is no way I'm going to compromise the rate at which I can lose weight. This plan works and all I have done is tweak it to make it mine. It's been very helpful in the past and continues to be so.

    The good thing for me is there are no points to count, (WW), no calories to count, few foods to avoid now that I don't eat grains, and I only weigh foods if I think my potions might be getting out of control which hasn't happened in a very long time.

    I guess the program is my comfort blanket. *smiles*

Recently I came across a comment somewhere that delighted me. I am the daughter of a farmer in New Zealand where almost all our beef and lamb is grass fed. Grass fed animals provide meat that is not only more nutricious and contains a good level of Omega 3, but it's a more efficient use of land than grain feed. I'm sure many can dispute the economy of this but I like it! Wouldn't it be wonderful if all our food animals and birds were given the freedom to graze as nature intended. 

HOW DID I DO?

I managed today a little bit better but ,,,,, I've been nauseous all day. I'm so tired of this. I'm fine when I'm doing nothing, lying down or sitting but a few minutes on my feet and I feel so awful I can barely function. Not sure what the cause is but I suspect either the supplements I take or my blood pressure medication. I'm going to go back to basics. My medication plus the vitamin B and forget the rest for now no matter how important they are supposed to be, It might help if I drink a lot more so that's my task for tomorrow.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Savoury eggs

Tea/Dinner:- Steak, cabbage, mashed potato with carrot.

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

And that is a huge relief. It has taken me too long to get back into my serious exercise.

30 min cross-trainer = 6.5 km

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

35.5/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


1 comment:

  1. Way to go on your exercise. That is awesome. I hope you get to feeling better!!

    Take care and stay focused!

    ReplyDelete