Monday, May 21, 2012

141 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 7 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


WINTER SPORT ON A TINY LAKE AT WAIHI


How on earth am I going to resist eating IT! I've just made John's first wheat free bread. I made the coconut bread from Maria's Nutricious and Healthy Blog. Maria's recipe has coconut oil which I have run out of so I used roughly a 50/50 mix of olive oil and melted butter. Oh Yummy! It smells so delicious sitting on the kitchen bench cooling. One more step in this journey to make our house wheat free.

I must hurry along now. Time to finish my breakfast and get ready for Church. I'm kind of apprehensive, maybe shy, since it's a very long time since I was last there. I have many friends in the congregation but there will also be a large number of new faces. Be Brave!


Reporting Back ..............

Why was I anxious about too many strange, to me, faces at church?  There were only a few people I've not met previously and I was surrounded by friends, many of whom prayed for me. I also received a good tip on how to pray for our family. Something I should have thought about for myself but somehow had overlooked. So obvious that all I can think is it just wasn't time.

We were home just after 2 pm and I couldn't wait to taste the coconut bread. The texture is rough, I found it a little scratchy in my throat but not unpleasantly so. For some reason I was surprised that it was savoury rather than sweet. I think the aroma of it baking had given me a false impression of sweetness. It was dry and needed some kind of moist spread. But there is one thing I'm not happy with and that is the after taste of soda which I still have nearly 2 hours later. I am going to tweak this recipe each time I make it until I'm satisfied. The baking soda goes. I might add yoghurt instead of half the fat too. Good gracious! I could be inventing a new bread.

HOW DID I DO?

I did OK for a day out. All too often I don't do things well when home schedule, such as it is, is disrupted. I went to bed extremely early. About 8 pm. 

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Coconut bread, tomato, gherkin, slice red capsicum, little butter. The coconut loaf is tasty and savoury. Not at all sweet. I enjoyed my lettuce and capsicum sandwich. The bread is a little dry and because the recipe seemed high in fats I would perhaps use a hummus, salasa or pesto spread rather than butter.

Tea/Dinner:- Finished off the roast pork with mashed veggies

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 3

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

29/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


No comments:

Post a Comment