Saturday, May 19, 2012

140 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 7 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


 TWO YEARS AGO WE VISITED THE GIANT HOUSE AT AKOROA
THE GARDEN IS WHIMSICAL WITH HUGE MOSAIC SCULPTURES
WE'VE NOT BEEN BACK THERE SINCE THE EARTHQUAKES
I BELIEVE THE GARDEN IS OPEN
AND FLOURISHING WITH NEW WORKS
I'VE NEVER SEEN ANY REPORT OF EARTHQUAKE DAMAGE TO THE GARDEN
ALTHOUGH I BELIEVE THERE WAS SOME DAMAGE IN AKOROA



AKOROA HARBOUR

The following is a beautiful reply to a complaint I made.


"I'm not happy. I feel robbed of the life I love. Something needs to change ..... probably my attitude!"

{{{Hugs!!}}}

I won't just pat you on the back and say "there there, poor baby", since I feel that's so disrespectful. But I WILL say man, oh, man, I totally understand what you said there!! I really do. For totally different reasons, but that same feeling is something I spent months working through. And I'll admit, even now, there are days I pout and resent that the life I had, my freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted it, is gone, and I miss it terribly.

Yet, I've come to the same conclusion as you: I simply must change my attitude. Cuz the situation probably won't change, barring a miracle the Lord has not let me in on... so, to live in joy again, I need to let it go, and find my gratitude every day now. I don't know what the key it for you... I really think it's individual. But I also KNOW that the Lord knows our unique needs and will tailor it to us. I'll be praying, Anne, that you find that key that will restore your daily joy.

I think of this because years ago, I helped care for a dear friend who was dying of pancreatic cancer. I was there one day when the hospice nurse visited, and asked my friend if she was finding "little joys" each day. My friend looked at her like she was nuts! Um... I'm dying here!

But the nurse said that even now, if Jean wanted to try, she could find simple joys. Like keeping the bedroom curtains open so she could see the little birds that visited the feeder. Listening to the purr of her kitty. Remembering things about her children that made her smile. etc etc etc. Jean got it, and changed her attitude, and looked for those little daily joys.

I don't mean to sound trite, or negate the pain you are going through. But at the same time, I'll be praying God will fill your days with His little joys, even as you wait for the situation to improve. :-)

Love,
Loretta

I appreciate my blogging friends more than I can say.

Life is full of waiting for something to happen. Sometimes that something is vital to our future but fretting doesn't make it come any faster. After all these years I should be in a state of happily accepting this but that;s not always so.

Meantime I'm off to have a nice bubble bath and read more of Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis. It's blowing my mind. I'm also having to concentrate somewhat because, while it's a lay person's read, it's full of technical words and data.

Reporting Back ..............

Enjoyed my soak and finished reading Wheat Belly. John's turn now. I will go back and read the first part again and check out the recipes in case I want to try some of them. One thing about this way of eating the recipes convert from USA to NZ much better than most because the ingredients are primary, ie. not processed. I would like to get a personal copy to share around family. This one is from the library so we will return it in a couple of weeks.

I do find many recipes found on my USA friends Blogs are not easy to convert because they include either brand names or ingredients that leave me puzzled. I also like simple. Usually the fewer ingredients the better. I quite like cooking but I don't want to spend an hour getting all the ingredients together and prepping unless it is something very special.

HOW DID I DO?

No exercise, not enough water.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Cold roast pork and Salad, lettuce, red capsicum, cucumber, grated carrot and gherkin with honey mustard dressing.

Tea/Dinner:- Bacon egg and onion

Snacks:- almonds, dried apricot

Drinks:- Water x 0
Flavoured teas x 4

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes/no*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

29/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


2 comments:

  1. We had a nice meal and didn't stay for karaoke. I'm glad you like Wheat belly - it really is an eye opener! I only have the audio version so don't have the recipes but read enough to get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it helped... and I remembered to pray for you today. :-)

    I agree about the Wheat Belly book... I said "wow" many times while reading it!
    I got the Kindle version. I downloaded the free Kindle reader program, and so could get the instant Kindle version, which was cheaper. I've tried several of his recipes, and find them nice.
    We had out of town relatives, and we all went out to eat. They chose a pizza place. And it was great, because I knew it would be no problem. If I wanted pizza, I'd just eat the top off and leave the crust. But I ordered a mushroom burger and salad, and had them not bring the bun with it, and leave off the croutons from the salad. It's not really that hard to stay gluten/wheat free, once I read that shocking book, LOL! Quite motivating, I must say. :-)

    Of the 6 people there, only 1 was not obese- my sister in law.. And I was the only one NOT eating lots of pizza, pasta and bread. And NO ONE wanted to hear about the Wheat Belly book, or low carb, or any of that. I didn't bring it up, but they noticed my burger had no bun, and asked why. I didn't elaborate much, yet one was defensive even so, and angrily said that if you are diabetic you MUST eat carbs, and then take more insulin to match it, or you would crash. Sigh....

    So, we just pray for them, yes? I don't push it... I was just like them not that long ago. :-}

    ReplyDelete