Friday, May 18, 2012

138 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


MATARANGI BEACH
I AM MISSING MY MORNING WALKS ALONG THE BEACH


It seems to me as though going out for whatever reason disturbs my equilibrium and is bad for my health.   My routine was disrupted when we stayed with friends nearly two weeks ago followed by five days at Mum's house. We had the weekend at home then a long, for me, day on Tuesday. I am out of my exercise routine, my food is OK but not stellar. My weight loss appears to have stalled.

Yesterday was miserable. I'm finding the colder air upsets my eye. It's been frosty with a southerly air flow. While I feel warm, walking into an unheated room sets me up for a lot of pain. I'm learning to sooth my eye by holding a warm facecloth against that side of my face. I don't have much resilience to deal with the pain and discomfit and found myself feeling terribly depressed and wanted to cry over so many things that I can normally cope with.

Today I'm having another lazy rest day.

Tomorrow is River Day, the monthly day of worship for women, run by my Pauanui friends. I would love to go. I had two choices. Stay with friends at Pauanui or leave home at 7.30 am tomorrow morning and get home about 5.30 pm. Another long day. There is no way I can cope with another long day this week. The alternative does not sit well either. We would need to pack overnight bags today and John would drive down this afternoon since no-one is confident I am a safe driver at present. I want to stay the whole weekend and go to Church there on Sunday. John would be stuck with the people we stayed with a couple of weeks ago. He would do it if I insisted but I know he'd not be happy.

I'm not happy. I feel robbed of the life I love. Something needs to change ..... probably my attitude!

Reporting Back ..............

I had no cold meat in the fridge so Cooked a pork roast. We had a good dinner. For once the silverbeet was perfectly cooked. Still had a slight bite. 

HOW DID I DO?

I kept the house warm and from time to time put warm compress over my eye. It's much improved. I'm beginning to feel as though life is worth living

Brunch:- Smoothie

Lunch:- NA

Tea/Dinner:- Roast pork, onion, carrot and silverbeet. I had my share of crackling too.

Snacks:- almonds, Pikelets, (cream cheese and almond)

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 4

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

26/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


3 comments:

  1. Pauanui is a beautiful place...hope you can go. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are finding some relief with your eye, even if it means holding warm compress's to your face.
    Have your tried wearing a patch to stop cold air hitting ya eye?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm not happy. I feel robbed of the life I love. Something needs to change ..... probably my attitude!"

    {{{Hugs!!}}}

    I won't just pat you on the back and say "there there, poor baby", since I feel that's so disrespectful. But I WILL say man, oh, man, I totally understand what you said there!! I really do. For totally different reasons, but that same feeling is something I spent months working through. And I'll admit, even now, there are days I pout and resent that the life I had, my freedom to do what I wanted when I wanted it, is gone, and I miss it terribly.

    Yet, I've come to the same conclusion as you: I simply must change my attitude. Cuz the situation probably won't change, barring a miracle the Lord has not let me in on... so, to live in joy again, I need to let it go, and find my gratitude every day now. I don't know what the key it for you... I really think it's individual. But I also KNOW that the Lord knows our unique needs and will tailor it to us. I'll be praying, Anne, that you find that key that will restore your daily joy.

    I think of this because years ago, I helped care for a dear friend who was dying of pancreatic cancer. I was there one day when the hospice nurse visited, and asked my friend if she was finding "little joys" each day. My friend looked at her like she was nuts! Um... I'm dying here!

    But the nurse said that even now, if Jean wanted to try, she could find simple joys. Like keeping the bedroom curtains open so she could see the little birds that visited the feeder. Listening to the purr of her kitty. Remembering things about her children that made her smile. etc etc etc. Jean got it, and changed her attitude, and looked for those little daily joys.

    I don't mean to sound trite, or negate the pain you are going through. But at the same time, I'll be praying God will fill your days with His little joys, even as you wait for the situation to improve. :-)

    Love,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete