Tuesday, May 15, 2012

136 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


ST BATHANS LAKE FORMED BY SLUICING AND DREDGING FOR GOLD



ST BATHANS 
ON THE 
OTAGO RAIL TRAIL

RESTORED BANK
POST OFFICE















We had a monster thunderstorm last night. Several of the thunderclaps seemed to be directly over us and the rain was torrential. I'm glad it only lasted an hour or so. It probably continued through the night but not with the same intensity.

I really want to stay home. But I got out of bed reluctantly and showered. Now I'm being nagged because we should leave in 15 minutes and I have to get my berry smoothie into me. It takes ages to drink when it's cold.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the beginning of John's wheat-free week but he made a new loaf of bread yesterday. Now it will be a day or two before he's ready. It's going to be an interesting week. I hope he doesn't go through a tetchy stage. He gets irritable enough now! Sometimes it's like Grumpy Old Men around here

Reporting Back ..............

All done. 2 hours in the car, 5 minutes lying on the special bed with my head held in place by sponge wedges while the bed moved in and out of the doughnut machine a couple of times before being told, 'That's it, we've finished here.' I'll get the results when I see my doctor, GP for General Practitioner, next week.

It was early for lunch when I finished at the hospital but we it was cold and wet so we went to a favourite cafe and warmed up. We had a wander through the Garden Centre and Gift Shop before we left, but we have no spare cash for casual spending. Pity! We went to Thames via Whitianga so Jane could come with us and she did the driving. Back at Mum's we sat around chatting some more before John and I headed into town to stock up again on groceries. We left home at 8.30 this morning and were home sipping tea by 5 pm.

Last time we were in Thames I ordered Wheat Belly by Dr. Willian Davis from the library. John had time to pick it up while I was at the hospital. I can't wait to get into reading it although I suspect much of what is in the book I will have already read on his blog. In the meantime we are watching a bizarre episode of NCIS,

HOW DID I DO?

Food good. The only exercise was a short walk around the Garden Centre and later gathering up our groceries. I've become a couch potato in the last week.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Kumera and Olive Frittata at the Aeroview Garden Centre Cafe, Thames. Very Yummy. I'm not a huge fan of olives but I do like a small taste. The balance was just right for me. Long black unsweetened coffee. It was rather strong, espresso coffee, but I had a jug of hot water with it so ended up being just right too. Jane sat and watched us eat while she drank her latte. She had her lunch waiting at home. John had a yummy looking BLT. I was not at all tempted.

Tea/Dinner:- Left-over roast chicken with broccoli and carrot.

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 2
Black coffee

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

26/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the photos. It's the same way here...a lot of the places that people visit are places that were formerly ripped up by miners in one form or another. History is a lot the same, no matter where it plays out. Glad the scan is over for you, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll bet the hardest part is waiting for the results.
    I had to laugh about baking the bread right before the "planned" wheat free week. Uh huh... sounds just like something I would have done in the the old days... "oh, oops, guess I'll just have to put it off." :-D
    That movie Grumpy Old Men was soooo funny... but I don't think I'd like to actually have to LIVE with one of them, LOL!

    ReplyDelete