Saturday, May 12, 2012

133 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


MY EARLY MORNING WALK YESTERDAY

I've been gently chastised about my attitude to accupuncture. Thanks Linda and Lorretta. I would not feel guilty before God for using accupuncture because I'll not go that path unless I'm convinced it's right. I am uncomfortable about it for other reasons too. All those quivering needles make me squeamish, I admit. I need to be convinced about the science. I agree that many things we do to encourage healing have as much anecdotal content as science and I'm for things that work. I also believe in being pragmatic. I need to think, ponder and research the value. I would hate to throw out the method God is putting before me because I'm a scaredy cat or for the sake of religious ignorance/prejudice.

I am concerned. It's now nearly 3 months since the first sign of this palsy and it seems to me I'm as paralysed as ever. I can't see any improvement although my eye has been more settled since the prayers last Sunday. I thought maybe my eyelid was starting to work but that doesn't seem to be so. If there was going to be natural healing I would expect to see some small sign by now. I don't want to leave any treatment too long because the longer the paralysis lasts the less likely it is to reverse ..... at least that's what I think.

I've had 7 days out of my home routine. I seem to be about 500 gms about 1 lb heavier. I'm not in ketosis. I guess I expected this to be so. Not a huge amount of damage but shows me I do still lose the plot when there are changes. I hoped I would not slip up while at Mum's because we were 100% able to make our own choices. It's funny how the little things intrude. The stove isn't as good as mine. The knives are blunt! Some things I wanted were upstairs when we were down. The exercycle was too uncomfortable on my bottom. .... I'm sure I could double the list of excuses and none of them are really valid since this is a house I'm very familiar with.

One thing I do know. I don't adjust to change at all well. Whenever there's a change of environment I take several days to adjust. Now we are home it will take a couple of days to be fully back in my tried and true routine. I thought I was flexible. I thought I could roll with whatever comes along. If this was ever true it is not true now.

One of the reasons I chose this year to make a proper effort to get healthy through weight loss and exercise is our lifestyle here at Matarangi. I don't go out too often. This house is easy to manage. There is a beautiful beach to walk on. I am more in control here than anywhere and this is especially so with my mother's death. Life is never quite so perfect as I imagine but it is easier for me now. Today I am gentling myself into my healthy routine. I will be losing weight nicely again and improving my fitness within a few days.


Reporting Back ..............

Another quiet day reading. The family saga about a family from Leeds, England, a trilogy by Barbara Taylor Bradford has been on the book shelf in the beach house, (Mun's house), for many years. For some reason I had resisted reading it..... until now. I'm about half way through the 2nd book. The last book is considerably shorter than the first two. I'll be sad when I finish reading, something like a total of 1800 pages, but I'll also be glad. I tend to do nothing except read when I have something I'm enjoying.

HOW DID I DO?

For some reason I've been struggling to drink enough recently. I need to take myself in hand and re-instate good habits.

Breakfast:- Omelet with fets and thyme

Lunch:- 2 Hard boiled eggs

Tea/Dinner:- Chicken breast stuffed with feta and herbs with carrot and broccoli

Snacks:-Nuts

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 2

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *no*

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

26/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP 11th May, 2012 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


1 comment:

  1. I'm actually very much like you...I must thoroughly research a thing and be fully convinced before I do it. :-)

    Here's a good article about Christians and acupuncture, if you are interested: http://johnharmstrong.typepad.com/john_h_armstrong_/2009/07/should-a-christian-use-acupuncture.html

    ReplyDelete