Monday, May 7, 2012

128 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 5 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


 VINEYARDS IN THEIR AUTUMN GLORY FROM THE BANNOCKBURN GOLD FIELD

Bannockburn is one of the many Otago gold fields. The stark but stunning landscape was sculpted by sluicing for gold between1865 and 1910. It's hard to believe that men shifted so much soil and rock with nothing more technical than shovels and water.



Mum's house beside the sea is designed for summer weather. Today there is a brisk south eats wind, the sea is grey with cloudy skies, there's a threat of rain, and it's around 11Ç/50'F and feels at least 10' cooler. Although the waves aren't huge they are running into the bottom of our section because we have an extra high tide. Our little house at Matarangi is protected from this cold wind, we get a different one. Here the living areas face the sea with lots of glass doors and windows to make the best of the views. The rooms although not large are meant for crowds, families on holiday, people coming and going so it's open plan with no way to turn the living area into a smaller, cosy space. I must remember that if ever I have the opportunity to build for a view.

It was too cloudy, not to mention cold to get very excited about the Super Moon last night. I woke up just after 4 am thinking it was day break. With a cloudy sky it should have been pitch black.  Sun-rise was still 3 hours away.

The builders have arrived next door. They were at work quickly hammering and using noisy electric tools. They look right into our house so better not run around naked. The noise and loss of privacy are no big deal for us today but I can imagine it gets annoying at times. At least their building has a beginning and an end.

John is talking about going into Whitianga today. He will have to get something for tea or live on bacon and eggs which is no real hardship. I intend to have one very lazy day recovering from our busy weekend and letting the ministry from yesterday soak into my being.

Reporting Back ..............

Another quiet day. Made arrangements to meet a friend for lunch tomorrow.Another step in my recovery. This is the first time since last August that I've wanted to catch up with my friend. It's taking a while to restore my social activity/health. 

HOW DID I DO?

I did well but not sure the nut meat was a good idea. Found it in the cupboard and decided to try it. It's made with peanuts and high in calories. Quite tasty fried in a lightly oiled pan. 

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Salami, cucumber, lettuce, gherkin and camembert creamy cheese.

Tea/Dinner:- Bacon and eggs with a slice of nutella or nut meat.

Snacks:- almonds

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 6

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

I got on the exercycle but didn't last 15 minutes before my bottom was too sore to continue.

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

26/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


No comments:

Post a Comment