Friday, May 11, 2012

11/5 132 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS OUT OF 31, EXERCISE


WAITING FOR THE SUN TO COME OVER THE HILL LEFT OF PHOTO
MERCURY BAY 11TH MAY, 2012



Today we go back home. We've been away for a week, Friday and Saturday nights with friends at Pauanui and the rest of the week at Mum's house. This morning is the nicest day we've had this week at Mum's and I woke up early so grabbed the camera and took some early morning photos as I walked along the beach, So nice to have all the good conditions for me to walk. Low tide, minimal breeze, not too cold, made for a very pleasant time. The only grumble is my energy levels are low.  John is doing the downstairs housework, Bless him. I'll do the upstairs dishes and sort out food into containers, some to take home and a meal for Jane when she comes home tonight.

I'm trying to make contact with a physio friend to see if she can teach me some tricks to help recover from the facial paralysis. Jane wants me to consider accupuncture but I'm not sure about that. I'd feel happier if I believed the science but I don't. I know it seems to work quite well fo many people but I still have serious reservations around the spiritual aspects.


Reporting Back ..............

Home. Nice to sit back in our reclining chairs. 

HOW DID I DO?

I did better than the last few days. Morning walk. Low carb eating OK.

Breakfast:- Smoothie

Lunch:- Low carb plate. Salami, cheese, ham. hard boiled egg, gherkin

Tea/Dinner:- Beef casserole, left-overs from last night.

Snacks:- Walnuts. Hard boiled egg. small piece of dark chocolate.

Drinks:- Water x 1
Flavoured teas x 4

Daily Goal:- 1.5 lt or 5-6 large cups *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

I meandered along the beach, about 1 km.

I aim to walk or cross-train 5 km or more each day this month plus....

1 x 60 min. cross-trainer or walk 6 km
2 x
3 x

27/160 km for May

I am going to do the stretching exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them easily do-able for me. My goal is to eventually stretch every day.

Stretching 2 x week.
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility.
Has to be good. Right!

BP today. 147/75


1ST MAY 7.30 am:-  94 kg/ 206.5 lbs

Start weight check:- 114.5 kg/251 lb

Weight loss 
January:- 10.5kg/23 lbs 
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/ 6.5 lbs


TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 20.5 kg/ 45 lbs 

Next Official Weigh-in June 1st


2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the spiritual aspects of acupuncture - it is pretty mainstream these days!! If it helps give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just about to say what Lynda just wrote!

    Years ago I worked for a wonderful Christian doctor, whose wife was crippled with arthritis. He tried everything to help her, and finally went to China to study about acupuncture. It helped her!

    See... there are tools, based on our current understanding of science. Then, there are tools that PEOPLE have slapped their religion and beliefs on top of. Perhaps it was their way to explain it, I don't know.

    I just know my dear doctor did not subscribe to the philosophy/religion they gave acupuncture, but understood the science about it, so was willing to NOT throw the baby out with the bathwater. Hence, he was able to help his wife.

    Sorry, you hit my hot button... Christians who get their panties in a bunch because "they" (non-Christians of any stripe) use a tool or a science, and slap their beliefs on it, rather than give honor to the God who "invented" all science and healing in the first place. :-)

    Of course, this is just my opinion... we all need to have a clear conscience before the Lord, that's the most important thing, our relationship with Him. I believe doing a thing that you feel guilty or scared about doing would be more harmful than any benefit it might bring! So you are the only one who can decide for YOU, of course, and go by the peace in your heart only He can give. :-)

    Ha ha ha, sermon for the night over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete