Saturday, April 7, 2012

98 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 4 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING




1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs


2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs


Next official weigh-in May 1st.


Not counting coffee free days for a while. Seems a waste of time. Currently I only drink coffee when in a restaurant. Over the next 4 days there will be opportunity to drink coffee at least once a day. I'm not saying I will but the possibility is high. I will remain focussed on staying mainly wheat free.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carb.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Vegetable quiche and cappuccino = 35gm carb


I think the quiche had more flour in it than I expected. The pastry was light and thin but I couldn't even guess the carbohydrate grams. Maybe 28gm carbohydrate, could be more.

Snack 2:-  Slice of meatloaf = 2gm carb strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Salami, cheese, lettuce, gherkin platter = 6gm carb. Strawberry tea.

Snack 3:-  Water



Carbohydrates:-  63 grams, maybe nore, maybe less but I doubt it. 




Drinking:-  Water x 0
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Cappuccino with sugar x 1

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes/no*


I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.


12/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........


We popped across the road to Pipers for lunch while the Real Estate Agent had an Open Home for our house. Wouldn't you know... it rained and no-one came.


The house looks nice too. John had all the right smells going on with bread baking and I had cooked a savoury meatloaf earlier. I'm going to cook a frittata later too. If we take our own food there will be less temptation to go into restaurants and it's a lot cheaper to take our own too. I'm hoping I've cooked enough to leave something with Greg for a couple of meals too. Just one of those things that mothers like to do for their sons.


Greg has been a paraplegic since before his 21st birthday and lives on the minimum ACC, (Govt. Accident Insurance). He pays a mortgage and really struggles financially. Life has been very cruel to him. 


I had high hopes he would live a fulfilling life but along with the paraplegia came the constant threat of bladder infection which has escalated several times to kidney infection. He gets by and sometimes does really well, other times it's hard going with constant pain and poor mental health. I've accepted what is but sometimes I feel really sad about his damaged life. He's a really nice person who has turned himself into something he was never meant to be.

How did I do?


Not a great day. My focus this morning was preparing the house and food to take with us. We aren't in a rush but need to be on our way as soon after 10am as we can be ready. First stop will be at Mum's house, 25 minutes down the road to see Jane. I want to be in Rotorua before 4 pm and it's a good 3.5 hours without stops.

2 comments:

  1. If you feel like a catch up would love too.... let me know if you have any spare time :) and drive safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a very Blessed Easter, Anne.

    ReplyDelete