Thursday, April 5, 2012

96 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 5 DAY NO COFFEE - 3 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING





1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

Lorretta noticed the cooling loaf of bread on the kitchen bench, (counter). John makes 2 or 3 in the handydandy breadmaker every week. The bread is delicious. I have not had one slice this year. Am I strong? Not particularly. I simply made a decision to not eat wheat. There is no question that I would sample this. I know how addictive it is and I know how sick it makes me. This has little to do with weight loss. It has everything to do with my health and quality of life. Weight loss is the spin off. Some side effects are GOOD! Right?

I'm so glad that this one simple decision is sticking and proving easier than expected. Love the smell of bread baking but it doesn't cause my cravings to overwhelm me.

I'm not sure how my links are working. The new blogger interface is bringing Loretta's blog up as ....blog.co.nz. Since Loretta is from Oregon, USA I doubt she has a New Zealand URL. Why does Google have to confuse me so?

Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carb.

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   2 poached aggs, sausage and spinach with a sprinkle of tasty cheese = 9gm carb tea

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Too much, flavoursome cabbage, sausage and cheese = 26gm carb I really should have eaten about 2/3rds ar even half of what I served. It's not often I misjudge so badly. Ended up over-full because I usually eat all on my plate. Yes, I belong to the clean plate brigade, I practice portion control, but not this time. Strawberry tea.

Snack 3:-  Water, almonds = 2gm carb

Carbohydrates:-  57gm grams 

Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no* probably not.

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *no* too lazy!

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

9/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........

Nearly 3 pm and I've only had half my usual number of drinks. Not good. Feel OK except for breaking out in a sweat when I was chopping veggies. Remedy is simple. Get some fluids into me. 

How did I do?

For some reason I feel very tired. I think it's all the messing around with medication and not keeping up my regular drinks and meals. I was really slack this morning and had breakfast closer to 11 am than I should. especially when I was up and dressed by 8 am.  Too much time on the laptop. I can see I need to re-activate my 'no exercise, no laptop' rule again. Will see how I go tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to think of weight loss as a "side effect" of not eating wheat!

    I'm going to try that today! The side effect of not eating a bag of Lays chips - weight loss! The side effect of making the better choice - weight loss!

    Google confuses me too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your comment on Jackie's blog!! Nice to have someone back me up on the low carb thing. I think you are doing really well and I totally get where you are coming from talking about bread. It still smells lovely cooking but I have lost all desire to eat it because of that bloated feeling I get. The will be the first Easter when I have not had a hot cross bun!!!

    I also read how many of those cappuccinos I can see why you had to stop!! That would have a lot of unnecessary sugar!

    ReplyDelete