Tuesday, April 3, 2012

94 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 3 DAY NO COFFEE - 2 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING

SUMMER GARDENS A THING OF THE PAST
GREY SKIES, AND HEAVY SQUALLS PUNCTUATED T0DAY


1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

I'm getting bored with recording carbohydrate grams. Most of the time I stay well within the guidelines so it seems rather a wasted effort but .... I decided to do this for 6 weeks and I'm only completing the first week today. It's all part of training myself to eat well. I will persist although sometimes it's quite difficult to estimate the carbohydrates when you are making food from scratch.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carb.

Snack 1:-  None

Lunch:-   Egg salad with lettuce = 8gm carb. tea

Snack 2:-  Slice of salami and lettuce = 2gm carb. strawberry tea

Dinner:-  2 chicken drusticks and lettuce = 4gm carb, camomile and peppermint tea. tea.

Snack 3:-  Water, almonds = 2gm carb


Carbohydrates:-  36 grams  




Drinking:-  Water x 3
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes*

30 minutes cross-trainer

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

6/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........


About exercise:- I think I need to manage 2 sessions on the cross-trainer. 15 minutes is enough at one time as yet but not enough for the whole day. This is a good alternative on bad weather days but I miss my outdoor walks.

How did I do?

All boxes ticked. I should be back into ketosis tomorrow. If not, another low carbohydrate day. 

Doctor appointment so can't stay hiding at home.

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I have never counted my carbs!! I just avoid the bad carbs. Even on a "bad" day I'm sure I don't have too many carbs. You are too hard on yourself. I also don't even think about ketosis. As far as I'm concerned I avoid carbs to cut the insulin response which in turn cuts the hunger etc.

    I try to keep it really simple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda is right, try to keep it simple, then it will be easier to do.

    ReplyDelete