Sunday, April 8, 2012

99 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 4 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING


LUNCH BESIDE THE ES-TUARY AT TAIRUA


1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs


2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5kg/38.5 lbs


Next official weigh-in May 1st.


My weight has been stuck at the same 97kg for more than a week. That is unusual on this program and LFL call it a plateau if your weight remains the same for more than 3 or 4 days. I don't have a digital scale so it;s hard to read small increments of loss. I'm not worried because I know I'm at least 80% on plan. The thing that's not been as regular as planned is the walking. 


I'm nervous about leaving the house for any length of time first thing in the morning, which is my preferred walk time. I'm pretty sure I'm still getting pretty low BP at least until I've been up and about and had breakfast. This morning is not the first time I've got stuck into a job before breakfast and ended up having to sit and rest while the nausea and dizziness recede. This is not something I'm used to dealing with. Normally I can get a lot done before breakfast and that has always been my way.


Between trying to get settled on changes to medication and life in general I'm struggling with exercise and some days I don't get enough fluids which of course doesn't do me any good either.


I wrote a comment somewhere about patience. If you know you are doing what is right to the best of your ability then the results will show. Your body must respond to fewer calories in and more exercise at some point. Now I'm telling myself.


We will be away for the next four days and I'll be unable to weigh myself. I am going to stay true to the plan while we are away and depend on the ketostix reading as a guide. Hopefully I'll see the results when we are home again, next Thursday.


If my weight is still stuck there is a plateau busting menu which consists of steamed fish and spinach ... maybe other things but I'm not even going to look right now.

Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carb.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Frittata beside the sea at Tairua. Water = 12gm carb

Snack 2:-  Frittata = 6gm carb. water

Dinner:-  Frittata, 2 feijoas = 16gm carb. tea.

Snack 3:-  Water, almonds and dried apricot = 7gm carb



Carbohydrates:-   61 grams  




Drinking:-  Water x 4
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *no*


I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.


12/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........


We had a good drive down with several stops and plenty of traffic. I thought the roads would be quieter in the middle of the Easter holiday but it seems that many people waited until today to go away for the school holidays.


Stop 1. At Mum's house to chat for and hour with daughter and my brother and his wife who had come for a couple of days.


Stop 2. Whitianga. Return library books.


Stop 3. Tairua for lunch


Stop 4. Waharoa toilets


Stop 4. Arrived at our destination after 4pm. We had been up since before 7 am so not surprising I was tired when we arrived. It wasn't long after that stripped and got ready for bed. There's a spa bath but I won't be using it tonight. A walk would have been nice too but bed looks too good.


There's a reason I'm so tired. Yesterday I had a cappuccino at lunch. You would think that's early enough in the day not to affect my sleeping. I often don't sleep well the night before travel. I guess it's a form of anxiety. Coffee plus per-travel tension meant I didn't sleep until the early hours, so maybe 4.5 hours . Not helpful.


We have lovely weather. That's nice. Cool night and warm day. Look forward to going for a walk and then visiting with our son.


My frittata seems to be a little too high in carbs. That's because I sometimes make it by soaking a bit of bread in milk, to which I add beaten eggs, veggies, bacon, cheese and whatever other flavours I fancy. Today I put too much bread in the mixing bowl. The whole dish probably came to somewhere around 125gm carb or more. I've estimated it to be at least 8 serves at around 16gm.  carbohydrate each. 


How did I do?


For a travel day I have done extremely well.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing well! Keep up the great work. The results will come. Just take good care of yourself!! Have fun!

    Stay focused!!

    ReplyDelete