Sunday, April 1, 2012

91 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - NO DAYS NO COFFEE - 14 DAYS OUT OF 31 WALKING

WE HAVE VISITORS, 'THE WORLD' ANCHORED IN MERCURY BAY

The World is the largest privately owned cruise ship or rich man's yacht. It has a crew of about 250 and 165 apartments ranging from studios to 6 bedrooms with ensuite not to mention the dining and lounges etc. Even winning lotto would not put us in this class.

How much does the World cruise ship cost?

If you're looking to rent one of these rooms, one night in the studio apartment will cost you between $1300-$2300. Purchasing an apartment on board starts at $2 million, plus the annual maintenance fees which can range from $60 000 to $270 000. Likely if you have to ask 'how much?', it will cost too much.

I read somewhere that the last apartment sold went for $5 million, don't know how big it was. On top of this are the ongoing costs, 6% of purchase price, per annum I presume. In 2001 the apartments were selling from $2 - $7 million.  


1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

1ST APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - ?kg/?lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is ?
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 2nd.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carb.


Snack 1:-  Water, small piece cheese = 0 gm carb

Lunch:-   Anti pasto plate = 10 gm carb. Strawberry tea

Snack 2:-  Rice crackers, strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Roast lamb, veggies, gravy and green beans. Cake, wine.

Snack 3:-  Cheese. strawberry tea.



Carbohydrates:-  Far too many grams  




Drinking:-  Water x 0
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 0

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes/no*


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.


48/93 km for March 

Reporting Back ..........


Cleaning the house for a paying guest tonight, a one nighter and the last time we are going to do this. It's becoming stressful and we also need the house to be available for viewing buy possible buyers. The lady arrived early and caught us out. She was 3 hours early. We asked her to give us a couple of hour so we could finish and have lunch. We're nearly done now with over an hour to spare. I was just going to jump in the bath when she arrived so had a quick shower instead. 

I'm still dizzy, head a bit swimmy but not so much nausea. Lost my balance once when I put my head down to pick something up. I don't do that.

Have to take things quietly and sit down periodically. I'm also struggling to drink enough. Diuretics are not good for your health.

How did I do?

Started well. Ended well. It was the bit between 3 pm and 8 pm that went badly.

It began with being hungry and wanting icecream .... Oh yes. I don't eat a lot of icecream so that was stress talking and wanting something sweet. Sill me! Why do I recognise it after the event. I had a handful of rice crackers with my afternoon snack. Dinner I was going fine until I decided to have wine with everyone else. That might have not been so bad because I was only having one medium glass but there was dessert. Ambushed on a day when my resistance was down. 

Jane had made a cake with fresh plums. Today she pulled it out of the freezer. It was not a huge cake and it was shared by 5 people but I really didn't need it. I wanted MORE!

Even as I was getting ready for bed I was looking around for something to eat so I grabbed a hunk of cheese. That fixed things.

At the end of the day I have no way of calculating all the carbohydrates so I'll just put it down to another lesson learned and start again tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Good thing there is always a tomorrow. One day you will win this battle and like you said another lesson is learned. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly I will not be going anywhere on the World Cruise!!!!

    ReplyDelete