Saturday, April 28, 2012

119 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 19 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING

PART OF THE GARDEN AT THE COLENSO ORCHARD CAFE


1ST MARCH 
WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-    Ham salad, almonds.

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea, almonds, piece of Atkins bar.

Dinner:-  Roast chicken, onion, kumera, cabbage.

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea. Almonds

Drinking:-  Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 6

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes*

Slower today but I managed 40 minutes on cross-trainer = 8km. Improvement in stamina even on a low energy morning.

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

74.5/90 km for April.  Yay! 15.5 km in the next two days and I'll have met my km goal for April. I think I can do it.

Will need to start thinking about my goal for May. Maybe total km again but a challenge to do at least 60 minutes straight on at least 2 or more occasions. At some point in May I'm going to begin the stretch exercises in my Jenny Craig book. I did them many years ago and found them very good and of course, easily do-able for me. That will mean I am getting fitter, stronger, improving my stamina and flexibility. Has to be good. Right!

I hope all this fitness begins to overflow into my everyday activities soon.

Reporting Back ..........

I've been reading Wheat Belly Blog. Interesting. I think I might become permanently wheat free. It's been an eye-opener to read some of the personal stories and see how closely they mirror  mine. I've also been looking through this nutritionists blog which has lots of recipes I would use.

How did I do?

Food, drink and exercise good.

2 comments:

  1. Love that Wheat Belly blog. I agree, the stories, many of which show up in the comments, are inspiring.
    Low carb recipes abound... gluten free recipes abound. But to find ones that have BOTH, are not so abundant. :-)
    That's why I like the new cookbook I recently got, "Low-Carbing Among Friends". I don't remember is you have it or not?
    Anyway, I first heard of it from Lisa at 24-7 Low Carb Diner. And she asked me to send her 2 recipes, and she's including them in volume 2. How fun! All their recipes are both low carb and gluten free.

    Also, if you'd rather not use a cookbook, here's a couple of blogs that now makes all their new recipes LC and GF:
    http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/

    http://mariahealth.blogspot.com/


    Hmm... those stretching exercises sound interesting. I really need to get back to doing that. I'll be looking forward to hearing how that goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how funny! I just clicked on where you wrote "nutritionists blog" and it took me to the site I told you about. You're way ahead of me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete