Friday, April 27, 2012

118 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 18 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING


BRAVE FLOWERS SURVIVING MY HAPHAZARD CARE


1ST MARCH 
WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs


2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-    Ham salad, almonds, tea

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Piece of cheese

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea.

Drinking:-  Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes*

7km a little slower, nearly 32 minutes on the cross-trainer.
I put on a Legacy Five CD. It felt so good to be working away to singing I enjoy.

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

66.5/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........

Another day spending hours researching health and low-carb sites. All I learned is that low carb can help reduce high blood pressure and a magnesium supplement might also be important. There's a magnesium calcium supplement in the cupboard. We find it helps prevent cramps. I haven't needed it for a very long time but I think I'll start taking it again. 

We watched Mum's health problems slowly escalate, starting with high blood pressure. Her high BP was probably brought on by stress initially. If stress could sink ships I have enough in my life to sink a battle ship. 

I am determined to do what I can not to follow in Mum's footsteps. There's nothing I can do about the things that cause the stress except for one. Having dodgy blood pressure is frightening me therefore I will do whatever it takes to bring it to a healthy level. 

I can control my diet. I can take a magnesium supplement. I can take my doctor's prescription hoping for the day when she can reduce my meds.  

I can work on my stress levels with God. 

In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8 

How did I do?

Missed eating dinner. Just snacked on a piece of cheese and a small piece of the Atkins bar I cut into yesterday. What with this slip up and not drinking enough it was only an OK day. 

I nearly said, 'Can do better!' Words that hurt and were said over me so many times I will not use them against myself. They always sound like criticism, condemnation, - horrible words.

I have some important things to do which I've been putting off so can't say I'm entirely happy with how I lived today. I really must stop procrastinating.

I prefer to say that while the day may have appeared to be unproductive, I know it has been valuable for what I learned. Aaaha! I feel so much better now.

2 comments:

  1. Have been reading your blog for awhile. I have been meaning to comment recently, especially since your recent health issues. I had Bell's Palsy about 40 years ago after strep throat. Eventually all my symptoms went away, but now that I am 65 the skin above the eye lid droops more on that side of my face. You have been in my prayers with all the things you have been going through the last months. This is an encouraging post because you are doing what you can to help yourself. The pictures you post are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to meet you Doris. Thank-you for your comments.

      Thank's for the encouragement re Bells Palsy too. I know that statistically I have a very good chance of a full recovery but sometimes it's hard to be patient. I'm looking forward to next weekend when I will be on the receiving end of a group of anointed people who will pray with laying on of hands. I've missed this ministry over the last year or more. Once it was almost a weekly sharing and I was part of the group, but it's now only a few times a year that I get to be with these wonderful friends. I miss them a lot. We need to sell this house for anything to change.

      I am noticing that things that happened when I was younger are now raising their little heads again too, like your drooping eye-lid. Hope it doesn't become a nuisance for you.

      Blessings.

      Delete