Sunday, April 29, 2012

120 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 20 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING


A WHEAT FIELD IS A BEAUTIFUL THING

I think this is the first time in my life I've been practically WHEAT-FREE
The science is compelling. 
My personal experience is compelling. 
For years I wondered what was poisoning me. 

The immediate health improvements are impressive.
I am able to exercise daily. 
I don't have crippling arthritic pain.
I have lost a significant amount of weight in 4 months.
I believe I'm eating healthier food.
Foggy brain is clearing. 
General motivation improving. 

Lassitude and depression are lifting off.
I always believed it was physical not psychological.


In spite of, 
a false stroke scare upsetting my routine, 
and two other extremely stressful events
continuing to affect me,
it has been easy to stay wheat free. 


This is not my first time low-carb.
Nor is it my first time ever sans bread.
Previous to this I never connected the dots to wheat.
Do I feel ripped off by lack of knowledge?
Indeed I do!

I do not have celiac disease
But wheat is poison to my system.

Now I know I'm not insane.
This knowledge could have saved me
and my family so much heart ache.
I can see a clear pattern.
I hope my children see my success.
I hope they follow in my footsteps.

I continue to persist toward my goals.
It may take a while.
40 years, maybe 73 of damage
is not undone in a hurry.

I hope to be a good example to others.
I hope I inspire you to look into this matter.

MODERN WHEAT IS NOTHING LIKE ORIGINAL
WE ARE TALKING FRANKENFOOD
DEVELOPED TO MEET ECONOMIC GOALS
WITHOUT COUNTING THE HEALTH COSTS

1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-    Chicken, lettuce, capsicum, cucumber, pepperdew.

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea

Dinner:-  2 chicken sausages, 1 egg and tomato. Few almonds

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea.

Drinking:-  Water x 1

Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes*

41.5 min. cross-trainer = 8.5 km

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

Unlike last month I haven't folded up in the latter part of the month. I haven't walked or used C/T every day but have averaged 2 out of 3 days doing something with another day to go. I only have 7 km to achieve my monthly distance so looking good right now.

I do think the C/T is easier to knock up the distance since according to the readout I go more than twice as fast as walking. It doesn't make a lot of difference to me. I'm getting fitter and stronger. At this stage I don't even care too much what is best for weight loss because the goal is to increase my stamina, fitness and general strength. All of this is happening. Whether or not a day comes when I want to optimise my exercise is still in my future.

83.0/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........

There are some things that you know but don't know how to tell your doctor without being laughed out of the consulting room. Many years ago, when I had ME I read a few books about nutrition, can't remember who wrote them now as it was nearly 40 years ago. I put most of that stuff out of my mind as I became well again. 

I didn't want to live like a health nut, focussed on every piece of food that went in my mouth and worrying whether I was getting the correct nutrition and taking the right supplements day by day. I began to live by the philosophy that God gave us natural foods which would nurture our bodies properly if eaten sensibly. Trouble was I didn't know just how much mad scientists and greedy industrialists had invaded the food chain with their craziness.

I'm no Greenie but I do believe that we were given all we needed including brains to make improvements. It was never intended that some of our "improvements" would turn out to be destructive. That's a part of human nature we cannot ignore.

OK back to the point. What did I believe that I couldn't tell my doctor? I was fairly certain that my adrenal glands had taken a beating and they no longer functioned as well as they should. From that time I have taken extra, way extra vitamin B complex with high levels of calcium pantothenate, B5, because it helps improve stress levels.

I have just read this "wheat consumption leads to an abnormal high-adrenaline state," an old post on the Wheat Belly Blog and now I wish I liked scientific research. I guess I'll find the research to back this up somewhere but in the meantime it is another little piece of the jigsaw.

Oh and that Wheat Belly post is worth reading, especially the comments, for a good Belly Laugh.

How did I do?

Another quiet day at home and all boxes tucked except one. My weight has been stuck in the same place again for a week. I expected this place between 97 and 89 kg to test my patience, - doesn't make it any easier. 





3 comments:

  1. I agree 100% about the wheat... but you know that already :) So glad you have taken this path if it makes you feel better. I don't crave bread or pasta now at all. It has been 8 months. Well done to you and don't worry about those scales, they will drop again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, it's been a while since I've dropped by. You are doing TERRIFIC! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Do I feel ripped off by lack of knowledge? Indeed I do!"

    I went through a similar type feeling. Only a little different, in that I was angry at all the years of being told it was my fault, and that I needed to eat fat free, high carb. And I tried...oh, how I tried. Lose/regain, lose/regain, again and again. I did what "they" told me, and it always failed me in the end. It wasn't until I did the OPPOSITE of what "they" say (my doctor, and all the current "experts") that I had any breakthroughs!

    I'm like you, too, in that I'm hoping I have good enough progress that my extended family (most of which are obese or on their way there) will be interested and willing to try it.

    You are doing so well!!

    ReplyDelete