Wednesday, April 25, 2012

115 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 15 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING


THANKS JACKIE


1ST MARCH 
WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie

Snack 1:-  None

Lunch:-    Lunch at Colenso using a voucher Jackie gave us. Yummmy Food. John had lime flavoured green tea, an egg and bacon pie with salad and I had a Huge wedge of frittata with salad and a cappuccino with 1 tsp sugar and  Large glass of water.

Snack 2:-  Water

Dinner:-  Rotisserie chicken and salad. Tea

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea.

Drinking:-  Water x 4
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 2

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *no*

No real exercise. A little wandering along the street between shops and staggering around Pak 'n Save

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

52.5/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........

Great day out except for Dr. visit which wasn't all bad. My apt was 10.15 but I had to wait ages. My BP was High yet I felt really good and had a bounce in my step I haven't had in ages. My Dr. was very accepting of it although I was shocked and disappointed. 180/100.  She gave me a smaller dose of one of my meds in spite of that ridiculous reading.

Two weeks ago it was 110/60, ridiculously low for me. I wish it wasn't an important indication for being at risk heart disease. I could forget completely about it and get on with what I know is working. The good news is that's exactly what my doctor told me to do. She was kind of surprised at my continuing weight loss but more astonished that the carotid artery ultrasound was Perfect. 

On record. My doctor told me something is Perfect. Haha!

We then stopped at Colenso Orchard, roadside Cafe, for lunch and had an absolutely delicious meal for $19 because the voucher took care of one meal.

In Thames I went to the Library and ordered Wheat Belly, then to the hospital where I changed the time of my CT scan to a friendlier, for us time. New apt. 10.45am 15th May.

At last we were free for the real reason for going to Thames, Noel Leeming to pick up our new laptop. Our insurance company replaced my laptop, which I'd dropped a few weeks ago. Well I didn't actually drop it. It fell off a sloping table I had it sitting on with a very nasty crash. That was my 6 month old Toshiba and I was very glad to have the really old, 6 years or more, Compaq, to use. Now I have another brand new Toshiba and it won't be going on any sloping table and John gets the old Compaq back until it finally stops going. No money spent except on new wireless mouse and extra thing with USB ports and a chill mat for my laptop. All at a huge discount, roughly 50%, so we scored there.

Next was Telecom and a free T-stick with a new 24 month contract. The contract wasn't as juicy as the first one which had just run out. I've had 4 GB with an extra 4GB free for the last 2 years. Now I only have 4 GB so will need to be careful that I don't overdo the videos. 

I was fading fast. Don't know whether it was the coffee with sugar I had at lunch or maybe I'd become dehydrated .... Whatever - I struggled my way around Pak 'n Save getting our groceries. We spent a fortune with the thought in mind that we wouldn't do more than top up on perishables for the next 3 weeks when we go to Thames again.

It was dark by the time we unloaded the car at home and I was soooo glad I'd bought a rotisserie chicken and had a big bowl of salad ready to go in the fridge. 

At Colenso a kind man at a neighbouring table saw me taking photos of our lunch and offered to take one of John and I together. I have archived it in the 'only to be seen after I have lost weight file.' I have so many truly awful photos but this one, taken on my sad side, takes a lot of beating. There's also a hairy problem. I've not been getting my hair done as often as it needs. Much, much worse than a bad hair day!

How did I do?

I think I did well for a long day out. 

I wish I didn't get so tired and have those awful "run out of steam" times but I've lived with them for a long time, so I can only hope that as I continue to eat well, stay wheat and sugar free most of the time that my strength, stamina and energy will improve. 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely lunch out!
    I have a few of "those" kinds of photos, to bring out later when get braver and am farther along. I get it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the picture!

    And, wahoo, you! You have achieved perfection. :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the 4 GB of internet you have not got now :( How much would it cost if you went over your 4?? Sometimes it is not so bad.

    Oh and go and get your hair done! That will make you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete