Sunday, April 22, 2012

113 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 14 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING

OUR NEIGHBOURS ARE BUILDING, REPLACING THEIR 1959S BACH
SOMEHOW THEY GOT RESOURCE CONSENT TO BUILD 20 METRES/YARDS CLOSER TO THE SEA THAN ANYONE ELSE
OUR VIEWS ARE SERIOUSLY AFFECTED. SAD!

1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

I'm feeling a little frustrated because the scales are stuck again at 96kg, at least it's 1 kg down from last time. I think I have reached an old "set-point" and my body doesn't want to let go. This stubbornness will go on through the next 3 kg if I follow past history. 

The good news is that I can now manage 30 minutes in a session on the cross-trainer. I am missing my outside walks but sometimes I'm just too lazy to get dressed to go out. I can jump on the cross-trainer in my night clothes before showering and dressing. With the kind of weather we have, this is a good option and since the days are cooler I can go to the beach in the afternoon when I feel like it.

The other reason I find the cross-trainer convenient and more sensible is my eye. My left eyelid is paralysed and will not blink. I believe this is temporary but in the meantime bright sun and/or the slightest breeze cause the eye to dry and it can be very painful, not to mention the risk of causing permanent damage to the cornea.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-    Hard Boiled eggs and salad with Paul Newman balsamic dressing. Tea

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Mince stew. 

Saute onions, add garlic, brown beef mince, in pan before adding diced veggies like carrots, kumera, celery, good spoonful of Tuscan seasoning, can chopped tomatoes and cook till veggies are soft. Add a bag of baby spinach add. Stir spinach in and when it has wilted to your satisfaction, Eat. The kumera means no thickening need be added.

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea.

Drinking:-  Water x 0
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 7

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes*

I managed 30 minutes on the cross-trainer = 6.5 km

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

46/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........

We've booked a holiday house at Pauanui for the weekend of May 5th. Friends, Murray and Julie Snook, who pastor the church are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary. We'll be celebrating our 50th next year but I think we're going to run away and go on a cruise.

We've just been watching on Shine, NZ Christian TV a Gaither Trio Homecoming on an Alaskan Cruise. I wonder if we can find the money to do something like that. How awesome would that be,

I think I could cope with a family celebration now. A few weeks ago I thought it would be impossible but I guess I'm healing from all the hurt. It still wouldn't be easy though. There would be those inevitable 'moments' through which I'd have to hide my real pain and wear a happy face. 



How did I do?

Another successful day.




4 comments:

  1. Bugger about the house, and crossing fingers you do get away next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am rather surprised they could built that close to the beach! There should be some restrictions in place, I wonder if they have OOOPS gone to close to the beach?
    I hope when you do get to your 50th anniversary you can actually enjoy it and not even think out having to wear a happy face... but actually BE HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That house is way too close to the beach!! I'd be so angry about that. At least it is single story I suppose.

    Oh yes, do a cruise for your 50th!! hehe... I do like a good cruise :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in So. Calif, USA, where nobody in their right mind would built that close to the ocean! I suppose maybe the tides are different there. But still, so sorry you lost a beautiful view.
    I love the Gaithers!! How awesome if you got to go on a cruise with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete