Wednesday, April 18, 2012

109 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 11 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING

IT MIGHT BE AUTUMN AND THE WEATHER IS COOLING DOWN
BUT HIBISCUS CONTINUE TO FLOWER.
THIS GORGEOUS AGNES GAULT IS 7 OR 8 INCHES ACROSS

1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

Breakfast:-  Water. Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carb. Tea

Frozen boysenberries = 5gm
1/2 cup while milk = 6gm 
50 gm Plain Greek Yoghurt = 4gm
1 scoop whey powder = 1gm 
2 teaspoons LSA (optional) = 3 gm
1/2 cup water.
total carb = 19gm

About my whey powder. I've tried a few brands but the only one I like is Active Woman by Leppin Sport, usually vanilla flavour, currently butter toffee cream, (or butterscotch). I still prefer French Vanilla. It has a good nutritional balance and is lightly sweetened with Stevia. No strange flavours that I can discern.

I guess I allowed wriggle room for the times I am more generous with berries and yoghurt. I only use De Winkle's Greek Yoghurt but next week I'm going to have a go at using the stock-pot to make my own. It seems to be quite popular so worth a try. Crock Pot Yoghurt. To turn it into thicker Greek Yoghurt Lyn filtered hers. Debbie says she had something you could use instead of sour cream or at a later stage of draining, cream cheese. There must be a good use for the whey that's drained off too. 

If I like the flavour I can see it being extemely useful and save some pennies.

I've developed a smoothie recipe which stands me in good steed. I can carry it for short stays away from home or modify it to yoghurt almonds and dried apricots. I rarely want anything to eat in less than 3.5 hours. I can go 4 - 5 hours comfortably although I try to keep my meals in sync with John who likes to eat 8.30am, noon, 5.45pm.

I certainly find it a lot easier to keep my breakfast routine and not having to go to Mum's several days each week is making it a lot easier to maintain my morning routine.

It's simple and maybe a little paranoid.

1. Check ketostix (once on my first bathroom visit of day)
2. Step on scales.
3. Turn on electric jug and make 2 cups of strawberry and mango infusion from the same tea-bag.
4. Drink a glass of water.
5. Outdoor walk or Cross-trainer, (currently I am jumping on the cross-trainer)
6. 2nd glass of water (Still working on this)
7. Turn on laptop and record
8. Whizz up smoothie
9. Take pills and have breakfast.
10 That's it. The day waits for me.

We live the life of retirement and have no community involvement so our time is ours to manage. We are like an island to ourselves. I, personally, don't think this is terribly healthy so expect changes to happen during the next 12 months. We will vegetate if we continue this way for too long. Right now I need the quiet life but not for too long.

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-    Cold roast beef with salad, cos lettuce, cucumber, grated carrot, yellow capsicum, onion, gherkin, balsamic dressing  Tea

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Eggy roulade that's not a roulade with broccoli, carrot, and mushrooms

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea.

Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes*

25 min. cross-trainer = 5 km

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

39/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........

How did I do?

Food etc good.


1 comment:

  1. There is a wonderful little community there where you live. Is there something you could join or go along to?

    That smoothie sounds great and I wouldn't worry about how many carbs in it - it is all good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete