Friday, April 13, 2012

104 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAY OUT OF 30, CROSS-TRAINER OR WALKING


WE USIUALLY HAVE LOTS OF MONARCHS IN APRIL BUT THIS YEAR OUR SWAN PLANTS DIDN'T SURVIVE

1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs

2ND APRILWEIGHT:-  7.30 am - 97 kg/213.4 lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Official weight loss for March is 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 17.5 kg/38.5 lbs

Next official weigh-in May 1st.

Out of curiousity I looked back at what I was doing and thinking in April over the last 5 years I've been blogging. There was a common theme of failure and restarting. Currently I weigh roughly the same as last April. I found this prayer written on April 4th 2011.

Dear Father God,
Let these meandering thoughts settle.
In the night hours, as I sleep,
Let it become settled in my heart and mind,
That I abandon bread,
Turn away from eating all forms of bread,
For as long as it takes to restore my body
To normal, to your blueprint,
To the plan you have in heaven
'Til I become the person with the body
You designed before the Beginning of time.


A lot has happened to us and our family since then but this prayer has been answered. When I chose to go wheat free at the start of this year it became more successful than I expected. It is a decision that seems stronger than me. I know I can undo this choice but I have no desire to do so. There was strength and power in the decision, which I made in all seriousness, but without much faith in myself to carry it through. Over 100 days since I last ate bread and still going strong. I believe my prayer for strength is being answered.

Thank-you God, my Heavenly Father. This is the beginning of allowing God to restore my body with me as His helper.

Sorry if that sounds too weird but God and I know what I mean.

Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carb.

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-    2 savoury stuffed eggs, cos lettuce = 4gm carb. tea.

Snack 2:-  Strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Pork steak with flavoursome cabbage = 12gm carb. Water

Snack 3:-  Strawberry tea, almonds= 2gm carb.


Carbohydrates:-  38 grams  




Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 5

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk or cross-trainer *yes*

Approximately 20 minutes cross-trainer before turning on laptop.

I am aiming to walk or cross-trainer 3 km or more each day this month.

17/90 km for April 

Reporting Back ..........

I've spent a good portion of the day reading a health Blog, Fat Head, to be precise. I'm impressed by the way he disseminates his experience and knowledge. There is enough humour and lifestyle in his posts to stop the serious stuff from becoming tedious. I can see why Lynda likes his Blog.

How did I do?

It's been an excellent day. I also feel a lot better than yesterday. My eye is not sore in spite of doing so much reading on-line.

Food good and I am looking forward to seeing the scales move tomorrow even if it's not by much.


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on your weight MargieAnne! Congratulations. I need to follow your lead. I need to lose about 40.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see your prayer being answered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't sound "wierd" at all! I find refuge & comfort in knowing that the God I serve "knows" me (and loves me in spite :). It's been 25 yrs since I gave my life to Jesus and I love my relationship with Him. Every year it grows...just as relationships should.

    You're doing great (grain free)! Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn it, I spelled "weird" wrong in that last comment! I'm a horrid speller (high school drop out). Sorry 'bout that!! Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete