Thursday, March 1, 2012

DAY 61 - 59TH DAY MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 1ST DAY NO COFFEE - 1 OUT OF 31 DAYS WALKING

RESTING PLACE IN THE BOTANIC GARDENS
WE WERE TOO BUSY LOOKING FOR ROUTE SIGNS TO SIT.
JOHN WAS AGITATED, THINKING WE WERE SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME IN AUCKLAND
WHEN WE HAD THINGS TO DO IN THAMES.
IN THE END WE HAD ALL THE TIME WE NEEDED SO I'M GLAD
I DIDN'T LET HIS WORRY SPOIL OUR WALK.
1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.


This is quite a remarkable loss considering all that we have been through. 


The last month was heavy with restaurant meals, travel and even take-aways. I'm fairly confident I can lose another 4 kg this month. I can see I will be reaching my 2012 goal in less than 6 months. That's encouraging.


 Up until now it has been easy. All I have done is go almost wheat free. I have had crumbed sausages, wheat in bought sausages, battered fried fish, and 2.5 muffins. There probably have been other items with some wheat content. I have not been on a special diet except for monitoring foods containing wheat. I have been eating foods I like in quantities that satisfy. 


I have eaten icecream, a few other wheat free desserts, dark chocolate, whatever meat I fancied, pickles, rice crackers, corn wafers, whatever veggies were available, raw or cooked whatever way I fancied. I have eaten eggs, bacon, cheese, including full cream cheeses, full fat milk, butter and my favourite salad dressings.


I am able to walk further and faster and I am not suffering from debilitating fatigue. 


I still have health issues around high blood pressure including a recent TIA or mini stroke. 


I am satisfied that I am doing things the best way for me and I'm making good progress. The TIA has given me a fright but I'm not going to have a panic reaction and make major changes. I will make one or two concession including limiting the amount of processed meats such as ham and salami and I will try to incorporate more fish and chicken in my regular menus.


I have been enjoying antipasto type plates for lunch. I will be altering some of my choices. One thing I am thinking about is making silverbeet/chard my main veggie at dinner, replacing potato. Not that I eat potato all the time but silverbeet is one of those very good for you veggies, loaded with minerals and vitamins. It's also comparatively cheap and easy to grow.






Breakfast:-  Strawberry tea. Protein, berry smoothie.

Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Cold roast pork with mixed tossd veggie salas and boiled egg. Paul Newman light balsamoc dressing. tea

Snack 2:-   Diet lemonade, strawberry tea, boiled egg.

Dinner:-  Roast chicken, pumpkin, onion and green beans. Tea. 


Fasting begins for tomorrow√° blood test.

Snack 3:-  Water

Drinking:-  Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Diet lemonade x 1
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month. I may add in other things like a little cross-trainer and some exercises to strengthen my core but I'm staying with what feels comfortable and do-able. I don't want to end up with a 'must do at all costs'and find it is more than I can manage.

Reporting Back ..........




I've spent a lot of time following up advice and reading as much as I can cope with on statins and more. I think cocnut oil and krill oil are in my future but gently, gently. I don't like oils and they do play havoc with my gut. Anyway I have to source the quality I want first.

How did I do?


I've had a pretty quiet day. Needed again after yesterday. I've been able to tick all the boxes in spite of a very late breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Well done to you!! Don't worry about choices you are making ie sausages etc. I don't worry about a little wheat in foods like that - obviously what you are doing is working so just keep on at it. I use coconut oil now for cooking as well as olive oil. New World in Whititanga should stock the Ceres organic coconut oil (I've seen it there).

    These changes you are making are so good for you - keep up that walking too, that is the best for your high blood pressure.

    ReplyDelete