Thursday, March 29, 2012

89 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 15 DAYS NO COFFEE - 14 DAYS OUT OF 31 WALKING

Add caption


1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.


Not walking this morning because I woke up with nausea and went back to bed for a while. I suspect a drop in blood pressure so small adjustment being made today. My medication was increased last Tuesday and I've felt less well ever since so I'm going back to the pre-increase dose. It would be good if we lived closer to the Medical Centre. I would get my BP checked now but by the time I'm organised and travel it just won't be the same. Hoping as the day goes along that I'll improve. I stayed quiet for a while this morning so breakfast is closer to 11 am.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Smoothie = 20gm carbs.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Chicken and lettuce = 2gm carbs strawberry tea 

Snack 2:-  None

Dinner:-  Carrot, broccoli, gherkin, cheese, salami, honey mustard dressing = 15gm carbs. tea.

Snack 3:-  Water, dried apricot and almonds = 7gm carbs


Carbohydrates:-  44 grams  


Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *no*


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.


54.5/93 km for March 

Reporting Back ..........



I haven't done anything today except try to educate myself on health matters. I am very concerned that traditional blood pressure treatment could have long term health costs without reducing whatever risk I have for heart attack and even stroke. I have come to the conclusion that I keep doing what I'm doing, keep learning, and add in suitable supplements, including omega 3 and CoQ10,  and stay on good terms with my doctor. Hopefully as I continue to walk regularly and eat healthily and lose weight consistently my body will respond happily so that medication can be reduced. I have read nothing that tells me the medications are not poisonous. Our modern lifestyle and medicine are often amazing but can also be deadly. I want quality of life, not survival with a generally chronic grottiness.

How did I do?


Food and drink OK. Feeling a lot better. Hope I wake up to being my normal self.



1 comment:

  1. I don't know anything about blood pressure medication so can't advise you. I do know though that the walking and eating changes you are making are the very best thing you can do for yourself! I have my own blood pressure monitor and we both take our blood pressure from time to time. Stu had high blood pressure which has normalised with weight loss and healthy eating. My blood pressure is very normal now after being high so keep going!!

    ReplyDelete