Wednesday, March 28, 2012

88 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 14 DAYS NO COFFEE - 14 DAYS OUT OF 31 WALKING

AND THE SIGN GOES UP


1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.


Today is my weekly mainly protein day.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Berry smoothie = 20 carbs.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Frittata with an extra bit of cheese = 5 carbs. water

Snack 2:-  Bite of chicken, strawberry tea

Dinner:-  2 chicken drums, tea.

Snack 3:-  Water, Almonds.



Carbohydrates:-  25 grams plus a few for the almonds




Drinking:-  Water x 3
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


Beach walk, about 3.7km. Feet and ankles sore. Eye painful. Even with dark glasses the sun and wind irritate. I might have to work out a way to tape it closed some of the time.


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.


54.5/93 km for March 

Reporting Back ..........


I did tape my eye closed for about half the day and it certainly helped a lot. It's really weird to have bits of my face not working properly. My mouth makes strange shapes, my bottom eyelid is hanging loose, some letters are becoming harder to enunciate, especially b, v, and f, food can get stuck in a corner of my mouth, one side of my lips don't hold the cup rim firmly so I hold my bottom lip up with my finger or dribble. I believe it will heal but in the meantime it's weird. I'm glad I can't see it all the time. Looking in the mirror once or twice a day is bad enough.


How to ruin a good taste!


I found this really tasty looking recipe for chicken drumsticks that had herbs, lemon, olive oil, and cajun spices. Our daughter-in-law cooks drums all the time but they have never been one of my favourite foods until I tasted hers. All went well until I went to put the spice jar away and saw I'd just added 1 teaspoon of cinnamon instead of cajun. I did a feeble rescue job by adding pepper and cajun seasoning. Unfortunately the cinnamon remained almost overwhelming. I will read the label before I add next time. At least they were tender and juicy. 

How did I do?


A lovely quiet day. Bright sunshine. John mowed the lawns. My ankles are stiff and my feet sore. Do I try to walk through it or do I need some massage? I've done this to myself in the past and the pain and stiffness sabotaged my waling plans. Won't be shopping for a while but when next in town I think I should get some peppermint creme to massage in.


Lazy TV night. I wonder what there is to watch.

2 comments:

  1. Did you see a doctor? I am so concerned for you. I checked back on your posts and can't see if you had some major stuff going on. You've been sick for a while and these symptoms sound scary to me. Please see a doctor!!

    Praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it might be Bell's Palsy... was that confirmed? I don't know anything about it, is it something that improves over time? Like Joy, you are in my prayers.
    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete