Monday, March 26, 2012

86 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 12 DAYS NO COFFEE - 12 DAYS OUT OF 31 WALKING

TURNING POINT NOTE, BLUE SKY, BEAUTIFUL CRISP EARLY AUTUMN DAY


1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.


I notice I have past the 84th day without wheat, well almost without wheat. I read somewhere a while ago that changing a habit takes an average of 66 days with some people taking a possible 284 days so I still have a possible 200 days or so before I can say I have broken my bread habit. Walking or some other kind of daily exercise might take a little longer.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. 
Smoothie =  carbs. 20gm


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Spinach, roasted red capsicum, onion and spinach frittata. This frittata has bread in it. I think I'll have a go at making it bread free although the amount of bread per serving is less than a whole slice. We use home made breads and I didn't bother to weigh it so guessing. Serving of frittata = 20 carbs strawberry tea

Snack 2:-  Frittata = 5 carbs, strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Cheese and letuce. = 3 carbs. tea.

Snack 3:-  Water



Carbohydrates:-  48 grams  




Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 1

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no* not properly recorded

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


3.5km right after breakfast. Felt like a long way and I take nearly 4 x as long as average!


Afternoon walk with Jane and John add 1 km.


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.



46/93 km for March



Plus 2 other days, exercycle or cross-trainer  


Reporting Back ..........


Had a nice afternoon with Jane including another walk along the beach.


I did have a problem with nausea for a while at a critical time when I was preparing the frittata. I ended up getting it to the point where John could finish and put it in the oven. Absolutely delicious and I have kept myself a serving for lunch tomorrow. Baby spinach frittata here.

Our house is now officially up for sale. Here's hoping it does not take the estimated 12 months average to sell.

How did I do?


Apart from struggling to prepare lunch it's been a very good day.


I'd like my carbs a bit lower but the frittata was a little bit high. I might need to have a carb free meal soon. Hoping the extra walking today will keep things ticking along.


Watching the Junior Master Chef Australia. 8-12years old. It's hard to believe children can cook this well.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on your progress!! Gosh I love that beach on a good day!! We had a lovely walk along the beach on Saturday before the weather turned bad.

    ReplyDelete