Wednesday, March 21, 2012

81 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 7 DAYS NO COFFEE - 11 DAYS OUT OF 31 WALKING

THE ROAD TO NO-WHERE
WE HAVE MANY OF THESE STREETS
2 DEVELOPERS HAVE GONE BROKE
THAT'S A COMMON STORY IN NEW ZEALAND
ESPECIALLY ON THE COROMANDEL PENINSULA
The road to no-where is not an option. 



1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.


Lynda commented 


I wonder if the carbs you are having - potato and corn (and anything else I didn't notice) is causing your desire for carbs. Potato sends my blood sugar sky high and would certainly make me crave other carbs.


While eating corn and potato isn't helpful I did feel a release from stress as soon as I knew we were unlikely to do the trek to Hamilton. With that has come renewed determination to get into The Lean For Life program. I had planned to do this last week but I let it slip by, along with my determination to walk daily.


Today I begin the six week plan to stay in ketosis although I will probably be eating slightly more in the way of veggies, albeit low carb ones, than they actually recommend. I will also continue to use full fat dairy, whole eggs and not all the fat will be trimmed from meat. It's not that I intend to eat a high fat diet but that I believe in whole foods. 


We are fortunate in New Zealand in that the majority of our meat is grass fed. Pork is definitely questionable but we don't eat it everyday and I make an occasional exception for chicken because there is a huge hike in price for free-range. Forget turkey ... it's a ridiculous price. Since John prefers beef that's our staple and I like a nice piece of lamb occasionally too.


Fish should figure more often but I can't stand handling it and always cook it badly. The only fish I eat regularly is canned tuna and there I do give in to processed food since the ony tuna I can stomach is the flavoured stuff, ie. tuna with tomato and basil or Thai flavoured or lemon pepper. I mix it into a salad of lettuce and other veggies and it becomes palatable, even enjoyable.


Part of my thinking here is that past generations ate it all. The things that are different were that they were more physically active, and they didn't have processed foods. 


I reckon that walking more deals at least in part with the active and we mostly eat whole fresh foods although not necessarily organic. 


This will be the first time in more than a year that I've been willing to be this disciplined. I will follow the work-book for 6 weeks which brings us to May 2nd when I hope to weigh less than 93 kg/204 lbs.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. My homemade smoothie with frozen mixed berries, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, 1 scoop whey powder, about 1/4 cup plain yoghurt.


Snack 1:-  Water

Lunch:-   Tuna salad, (lettuce, cucumber, red capsicum), Twinings strawberry and mango tea


Rest:-  Lazy afternoon but not the quiet time I was talking about yesterday. This might take a few days to get my head around.


Snack 2:-  3 gm cheddar cheese wrapped in a lettuce leaf, strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Beef casserole with shredded cabbage, strawberry tea.

Snack 3:-  Water, almonds and dried apricot

Drinking:-  Water x 4
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.8 lt. or 6 - 7 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


1.88 km. I might go for another walk today if the rain which is forecast holds off.


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.



41.5/93 km for March  

Reporting Back ..........


Rain. It seems as though in every blog I read people are commenting on the weather from Canada to east, west, south USA, Australia and most of New Zealand. Too much rain, wind, cold, hail, thunder and unexpected snow and not enough sun. I guess it shines somewhere.

How did I do?


Reasonable. I could have managed a longer walk and drank more water but all told not too bad.

1 comment:

  1. Your idea to do the Lean for Life in your own way sounds like a good plan! I have a feeling that just having a definite and official plan will be motivating and help you feel encouraged.

    I've been under the weather for the last few days, and sort of drifted as far as a "plan". Oh, I still ate on plan foods, but didn't keep track or count anything, and felt like I was not really pushing very hard, and am sure I ate too much too often.

    So that's why I think a definite plan will help. At least, reading YOUR plan made ME want to get back on a specific plan! So, thanks for the motivation to give it more effort once again. :-)

    ReplyDelete