Tuesday, March 20, 2012

80 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 6 DAYS NO COFFEE - 11 DAYS OUT OF 31 WALKING

SPRING IN REDDING NORTH CALIFORNIA
Nice contrast to our weather. We are having a series of Pacific storms to let us know winter is knocking on the door.  


DON'T LAUGH!!


I woke up quite early, looked at the clock, 7 am. so went straight to the bathroom and had a shower, washing my hair too. I was all dressed with hair styled and John was still sound asleep so I began making a noise and turned on the bedroom light.  Ummmm! That's where I became unstuck. It was 5.30am. I'd read the clock wrong. 


I let John go back to sleep while I watched TV.  We were literally walking out the door at 8 am when Jane, our daughter and driver for the day, called and suggested it was too stormy to travel as there could be flooding and/or trees down. I needed a few things in Whitianga anyway so we continued with our plans but decided once we got to Mum's house that indeed it was too stormy so cancelled my appointment. There is general agreement I'm in no danger of a stroke and we will see what happens when I see my Dr. on Friday.


This decision saved us a very long day with at least 6 hours driving in rough weather and we were home again for lunch. 


1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Oat porridge with dried apricot and chopped almonds, sugar and milk.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Corn on cob with dash of butter, pepper and salt, mouthful of meatloaf, rice crackers and dried tomato pesto, strawberry tea

Snack 2:-   rice crackers and dried tomato pesto , strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Meat loaf, mashed potato and cabbage, strawberry tea.

Snack 3:-  Water

Drinking:-  Water x 0
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 0

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *no*


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.

Reporting Back ..........


What a weird day. By the time we got home the weather had eased off and I felt a bit bad about not making the effort to keep the appointment. 


At the same time I didn't want to go and it would have been a very tiring and stressful day. If I have Bells Palsy, as we now believe, a stressful day would only aggravate it.

How did I do?


The last few days I have been craving carbohydrates and rich, sweet, creamy cappuccino. As we drove home after aborting our 'long day' I thought about this and put it down to feeling stressed about it all. It was a prime example of how stress affects my desire for high calorie and carbohydrates.


I need to practice my de-stressing technique. It's simple but takes time so I must work out some kind of schedule. I feel selfish when I set up the day around my needs but I can't think of any other way to look after myself properly. I know that since John retired I have not always felt comfortable. He is one of those men who are always around with no apparent interests of his own away from me. I often feel stiffled but I have adapted to this rather than maintaining what is healthy for me. 


My de-stressing technique .... lying down in a quiet comfortable place listening to "soaking prayer" CDs. It's a time to rest in the presence of God. It will take me time to get back in the habit and time to empty my  mind of all the busy-ness.


I'll be going to bed after watching one of our favourite TV programmes ..... New Tricks, an English Cold Case team. There are some older actors and lots of humour, as well as the drama and pathos.


Tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the carbs you are having - potato and corn (and anything else I didn't notice) is causing your desire for carbs. Potato sends my blood sugar sky high and would certainly make me crave other carbs.

    Just a suggestion - you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete