Wednesday, March 7, 2012

67 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 7 DAYS NO COFFEE - 4 OUT OF 31 DAYS WALKING

3RD FROM LEFT ON THE BEACH FRONT IS THE HOUSE BUILT IN 2000
TO REPLACE THE 1955 BACH, (YESTERDAY'S POST).
THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR, 4TH FROM LEFT BEACH FRONT,  HAS RECENTLY BEEN DEMOLISHED
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING WHAT THEY BUILD TO REPLACE IT.
THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN IN JUNE 2010, (WINTER), AT LOW TIDE.


1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Berry, protein smoothie


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   2 HB eggs, water

Snack 2:-  Black coffee

Dinner:-   Ham steak, egg and potato salads, left over veggies from last night, cherry tomatoes, 2 corn thins and sundried tomato pesto, strawberry tea.

Snack 3:-  Water, banana, piece of coconut

Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3

Diet lemonade x 0
Black coffee x 1

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


A bit of a plod but I completed the 4.6km walk to rocks at end of beach.


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.

Reporting Back ..........


A full day of busyness. Walk, garden, shower, go into town. Optician, Dr. Real Estate agent, groceries. Home in time to watch the 6 pm news. Apparently I have the beginning of a cataract otherwise I just need new glasses...$1000 later. Since we are short of cash right now it's good we can get this paid for through Govt. superannuation and we pay it back in small regular payments over 2 years.


Dr. gave me a serious talk about not taking statins but agreed it's my call. I nearly laughed at her concern when I saw my cholesterol count is right on normal in every way. There is room to lower it a little. This is lower than my last test which was about 2 years ago. I didn't think until later. I should have got a print out of the earlier test too them I would be able to compare the results.
I will ask for another test in 3 or 4 weeks time and see if I am making a difference simply by eating lower carbs.


John also saw his Dr. and has to have a vascular test on his legs. He may need a stent to open one of the veins. We've know for ages there is a problem but either John wasn't saying the right things or his Dr. was being somewhat casual. John has been given quinine for cramp. Not happy about this but will do some research before I say too much.


Chat with the Real Estate agent went well. Now I have to convince my niece to meet with her sometime soon so we can discuss the options and choose our company.

How did I do?


Better day and  don't feel quite so tired tonight so I'm putting the tiredness down to stress.


Early to bed. 9.30pm



1 comment:

  1. The difference between those 2 photos is amazing!
    And the houses seem so close to the water. Eek!

    I hope you continue to feel more rested. I agree, stress is draining. A good night's rest can do wonders. :-)

    ReplyDelete