Sunday, March 4, 2012

64 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 4 DAYS NO COFFEE - 3 OUT OF 31 DAYS WALK

TURN AROUND, YOU HAVE REACHED THE END OF THE BEACH


COMMENTS.... I can't say often enough how much I appreciate comments, especially Lynda and Lorretta. Thank-you. I am reading but not leaving many comments so feel quite special to receive regular comments from you.


Lynda, I did take note of the research on statins and made a decision not to take them unless it could be proved they are necessary to save my life.


I was horrified when I read the list of side effects because they are the very things I've been struggling with for nearly 40 years when I developed M.E. or chronic fatigue syndrome or whatever you want to call it.


I think the fatigue I currently experience is partly a spin off from the past, my weight, the mini stroke, and current things going on around us. The decisions that were made yesterday will go a long way to relieving any anxiety I had. 


There is still one area which bothers me ..... well one stand-out, and that's John's unwillingness to put this Matarangi House on the market. There are so many reasons why it is the sensible one and I thought the decision was agreed on years ago but it seems he has become attached to living here. 


I'm being a little harsh when I say, "He'll just have to learn to live with the idea." The reality is there are many reasons why this is not a practical home for us going into the future and I want to get this part of our lives over and done with ASAP. Selling a house is a right pain. The sooner it's begun the sooner it's done! End of story. I want to get on with the rest of our lives without this house which to me, feels like a millstone round my neck. I do enjoy living here in many ways but the negatives out-weigh all the positives and even if we were mortgage free I'd feel the same.


1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  None I messed about and time flew.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-    Water. Strawberry tea. Protein, berry smoothie. , tea

Snack 2:-  2 HB eggs, coconut, strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Crumbed chicken sausages, carrot, silverbeet, mushrooms and onion. tea.

Snack 3:-  Water

Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3

Diet lemonade x 1
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


And some - 1 hour, 20 minutes. I am totally challenged when it comes to arithmetic although I loved maths, especially geometry and algebra. Does that sound nuts? 


I often count steps to work out my distance. My step is about 0.47m, maybe less when I'm not so well or tired or unfit like now. How many steps does it take to walk 3km? I thought I had it worked out without opening my computer to check this morning's walk. It turns out I walked 4.6 km/2.6 miles. No wonder it seemed like a long walk. 


Inadvertently, I added half of yesterday's non-walk into today so my week total could possibly meet my over-all goal even when I wasn't too bothered about it.
 
I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.

Reporting Back ..........


I've had a pleasant day. Gloriously sunny, no wind. I ignored the sun this afternoon and took a 2 hour soak in the bath.

How did I do?


I'd like to say OK but fiddling around until breakfast is at mid-day is not the best.


I'll be up for hours trying to find photos on a flash drive. Not my idea of fun.


Catch-up again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good news on the statin then! Where would you go if you sold your house? I do hope you will continue your healthy eating - I am sure it is helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well with the weight loss! Well done.
    I understand why you want to sell up at Matarangi... while it is a gorgeous place to live, it's practicalities when you are getting on in life are not as good as living in a town with medical facilities close.... and all the other reasons one can think up!

    ReplyDelete