Friday, March 2, 2012

63 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 3RD DAY NO COFFEE - 2 OUT OF 31 DAYS WALK

I MISSED MY WALK ON THE BEACH TODAY


1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.


Struggling to get myself into gear today. I was up too early and turned on computer. Not good. It's now 9.30am and I haven't had breakfast and it's nearly time to leave for Mum's house where we have a meeting later. I have no good excuse for not having my morning walk. It is a little stormy/windy but no worse than the last 2 mornings. I had better get a walk in later today or else!!!!!!


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Protein smoothie with berries.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Salad plate, salami, creamy cheese, stuffed pepper, cucumber, red capsicum, lettuce, gherkin. 2 corn thins with peanut butter. tea

Snack 2:-  2 corn thins banana and honey. strawberry tea

Dinner:-  Restaurant, Thai stir-fry, pork and mushrooms with a few veggies... no rice. water

Snack 3:-  Chocolate Strawberry tea

Drinking:-  Water x 3
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *no*


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.

Reporting Back ..........


What a stuffed up day. First I didn't get out for a walk then I ran out of time and just threw my clothes on to go to Mum's. Spent most of the day with my sister going through photos and bits and pieces. I guess we got something done but it didn't feel very satisfying to me. More like just shifting stuff from one pile to another.


My brother finally turned up for our meeting about 3 pm. At least that was satisfactory and some firm decisions were made. Jane came home from work, my brother went home and the rest of us, sister, Jane, John and I went to the Thai Restaurant for tea. Well..... we waited, Jane ordered a drink which never came, we were never offered any other drinks except water on the table and our meals were tasty but not exciting and on the dear side for what we got. Arrived home about 9.30pm. I'm ready for bed.

How did I do?


All things considered it wasn't too bad food-wise. I've decided to change the way I count my walks in the heading. I think I'll count my walks for the month so that when I miss a day, as I did today, I don't have to go right on back to Zero. It is the over-all pattern that counts and the odd day missed is not going to destroy the good work.


I know I have some strange days coming up. In a couple of weeks I have to go and stay with my brother so I can attend Waikato Hospital for a carotid ultrasound. I can't manage there and back in the same day. It's just too much time in the car for me now. No doubt there will be other messed up days too and I don't want to be stressing because I've broken my chain of daily walks.


Speaking of tiredness. I am having to be more aware of not becoming overtired. My mouth doesn't always work too well and tonight I was aware of not being able to eat as nicely as usual. Little things that are a give-away. My speech is mostly fine but I seem to be tiring more easily and that's when I have to concentrate or I muddle words. So annoying because again it's something difficult to hide from others. There's enough going on without having my daughter worrying excessively about me. 


Looking forward to feeling brighter tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Are you taking those statins? Those symptoms you are talking about are the same as statin side effects. You seriously don't need them and it angers me that doctors are dishing them out to people. They say that 99 out of 100 people taking them don't need them!!

    It must be hard sorting through all your mother's belongings. I hope it is all organised soon.

    ReplyDelete