Monday, March 5, 2012

65 DAYS MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 5 DAYS NO COFFEE - 3 OUT OF 31 DAYS WALKING

DAYS GONE BY
 MUM AND DAD IN 1933
MUM IS 18 AND DAD ABOUT 20
THEY WERE MARRIED JANUARY 1937

1ST FEBRUARY WEIGHT:-  7.30 am  - 104 kg/228 lbs
1ST MARCH WEIGHT:-     7.30 am - 100.5kg/221lbs



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.
Official weight loss for February is 3.5kg/7.5 lbs
Total weight loss for 2012 is 14kg/30.5 lbs




Next official weigh-in April 1st.



Pre-Breakfast:-  Water.


Breakfast:-  Water.Strawberry tea. Protein, berry smoothie.


Snack 1:-  Strawberry tea

Lunch:-   Salad plate with 2 HB eggs, tea

Snack 2:-  Hungry, icecream, strawberry tea


Snack 3:-  4 corn thins banana and a little jam.

Dinner:-  Left overs from last night, tea.

Snack 4:-  Water

Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 3

Diet lemonade x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes/no*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *no*


I had plans but .... I slept late and I had to be ready to leave home before 8.30 am. We got back about 4 pm and I've been an emotional mess.


I am aiming to walk 3 km or more each day this month.

Reporting Back ..........


What a day! I didn't expect to have to meet with the Real Estate Agents so soon but this morning worked out for everyone. We have agreed not to do anything until after Easter and I hope they respect our wishes. The two women who we met with are too pushy for me. I might go and see another agent. I don't think we should settle for the first even if they are supposed to be the most experienced in our type of property.


I hadn't slept well or long enough last night. John and I stayed up hours later than usual. I finished the design for the Thank-you cards to be sent out. It is late but I wanted something special and it has proved to be rather complicated for me to put together. I wanted certain photos and had to search for them then do some editing.


The search turned out to be another emotional waterfall. I saw a photo of our son, David, with Mum taken in the last 5 years. (Now I can't find it so will have to do another search). Then there is the family photo taken at a gathering 18 months ago and the only ones missing are our son David and my niece and her family who live overseas. David should have been there and he would have come but some of the relatives were making harsh comments back then so I didn't tell him it was a family gathering. Did I make the right decision? Too late to change it now! I wasn't happy at the time and am even less happy about it now. I bowed to other people and I believe it was really the right thing to do but that doesn't make it easy. I feel as though I'm in a vortex of grief. This too will pass and I'll be at peace again.


The hard thing with grief is that you must face the pain. If you don't open up to it you will never heal. But you must also know when enough is enough or you end up wallowing in a mud hole that gets deeper and deeper. I'll be OK but I must face this grief and begin to talk it through. Forgive me if I do a lot of my talking here. My friends are too far away although I plan to spend a weekend with the best of them shortly.

How did I do?


I can't call this a good day.  No walk and some poor food choices. The best thing I can do is go to bed early.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about working our way through grief, so it can begin to heal. And if talking about it on your blog helps you, then talk away! It's a natural part of life, and if one hasn't already experienced it in some form, they will.

    I know you will be okay, since you do see it as a process, not a permanent condition. And I pray that God will hold you close, and fill you with His peace and comfort.
    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete