Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DAY 59 - 57TH DAY MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 5TH DAY NO COFFEE - 2ND DAY MORNING WALK

WE LEFT OUR PRETTY RURAL VIEW BEHIND TO STAY OVERNIGHT IN THE CITY.
OUR MOTEL ROOM OVERLOOKS THE CAR PARK AND LIGHT INDUSTRIAL.
I GUESS IT MAKES A CHANGE. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR VISIT TO THE
AUCKLAND BOTANIC GARDENS TOMORROW,
IN PARTICULAR THE SCULPTURE GARDEN.

Weight:-  7.30 am  -   - 104 kg



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.




Next weigh-in March 1st.


This afternoon we have to pack for an overnight in Auckland after taking Amanda to the airport. We'll go to the Botanic Gardens tomorrow for a walk but in the meantime dinner and breakfast will be restaurant meals.




Breakfast:-  Strawberry tea. water, Honey yoghurt, chopped almonds and dried apricots.

Snack 1:-  None

Lunch:-   Bacon, potato and tomatoes. Tea

Snack 2:-   Tea

Dinner:-  Restaurant:- stuffed kumera, (sweet potato), cheesecake, I left the biscuit base. Capuccino.

Snack 3:-  Water

Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Diet ginger beer x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 1

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


Walked along the street to visit my niece. We had a good chat and I felt so much better afterward.... I hope she didn't mind her auntie bending her ear. Total walk 2.3 km/1.4 miles

Reporting Back ..........

We are now settled in the Motel for the night. Glad to be able to relax.

How did I do?


Pretty good although I must admit my dinner was a little high in carbs. At least it was satisfying.


Lynda, thanks for your comment on yesterday's post. I do have reservations about taking the statin drugs and will certainly do some research. It's hard to ignore Dr's advice but I will end up doing what I think best in the long term. Partly my decision will depend on the result of scan and ultrasound but I expect a long wait for these. For now I'll take the statin and if I feel unwell or have muscle aches will cease taking it .... probably.


We have 2 more weeks of disrupted life. Starting around March 13th my plan is to go hard core Lean For Life which means between 20 and 60 gm carb per day for me and being more thoughtful about the fats in my food. I will be upping lower carb vegetables. I will also eat more silverbeet/chard and other nutrient rich greens.


I'm looking forward to my March 1st weigh in on Thursday morning so I'm planning to choose my meals with care tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I think Lynda has a valid concern, from my own research.

    If you do take them, even for awhile, it's very important to take extra CoQ10, since the drug causes it's shortage in the body. If you are interested, here are 2 articles and 1 podcast interview on the topic of statins. I've read a lot, since the dr tried to get my husband to take them.

    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/07/22/one-in-four-americans-over-45-take-this-common-drug-that-causes-diabetes.aspx

    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/12/17/stephen-sinatra-on-cholesterol-statins-coq10-ubiquinol.aspx?e_cid=20111217_DNL_art_3

    http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/ask-the-low-carb-experts-episode-6-all-things-lipids-cholesterol-101-chris-masterjohn/13370

    I know it's hard going against the doctors advice, but whatever you decide, I hope you feel well and stay healthy.

    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete