Monday, February 27, 2012

DAY 58 - 56TH DAY MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 4TH DAY NO COFFEE - DAY 1 MORNING WALK

BEACH IS STILL THERE AND ALMOST DESERTED AT 8 AM
HOLIDAY MAKERS HAVE ALL GONE HOME

Weight:-  7.30 am  -   - 104 kg



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.




Next weigh-in March 1st.




Breakfast:-  Peach tea. water, Honey yoghurt, chopped almonds and dried apricots.

Snack 1:-  Tea

Lunch:-   Chicken salad, strawberry tea.

Snack 2:-   Tea, rice crackers and peanut butter

Dinner:-  Roast pork and vegetables, potato, pumpkin, green beans, Peach tea.

Snack 3:-  Tea and rice crackers, butter and jam.

Drinking:-  Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 6

Diet ginger beer x 0
Cappuccino coffee x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


A slightly longer walk than last time on the beach. About 2.8 km/1.7 miles so the last 2 weeks away have not affected my fitness. I have a long way to go to feel really fit again though. I think I will stay at about the 3 km distance for the coming month. My ultimate goal is a regular 5km/3 miles up and down hills. Currently there are only a couple of small rises.


Reporting Back ..........

How did I do?


It was a good day except for seeing the doctor and being told I've had a mini stroke. It has only affected my face a little, part of my lips and tongue. I am in shock. Now my BP meds have been increased and I'm taking cardio asprin as well as a cholesterol lowering drug. It will be next week before I have the results of blood tests and sometime in the future I will be booked for a carotid ultrasound and a CT Scan. I knew something had happened but I thought it was just a nerve thing, maybe Bells Palsy. 


Right now I just feel as though I'm coping with far too much.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Anne! I don't know what to say, other than I will continue to pray for you. I know that God knows exactly what you need.
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do some research into cholesterol lowering. There is no need for a woman - of any age - to ever take this. There is so much research out there about this and not one medical trial has ever shown any benefit of a statin in a woman or any person over 60 years of age. It will make your muscles ache and affect your mental capacity but do nothing to prevent heart disease. Statins make you sick. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete