Friday, February 3, 2012

DAY 34 - 32ND DAY WHEAT FREE - 22ND DAY NO COFFEE



Weight:-  7.30 am  -   - 104 kg


Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs. 


Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.


Next weigh-in March 1st.
At last we have a little quiet time alone at home. I'm catching up on laundry because we have to pack shortly for our trip to New Plymouth. First we will visit with our daughter and others who are staying at Mum's house. Then we will drive to Hamilton and stay with my brother. Four of us are travelling to New Plymouth for the funeral. 


I skipped my morning walk today and expect I'll miss it on the next two days. I'm OK with that because these are extraordinary times. I'm hoping to compensate with other activity during the rest of the day.

Breakfast:-  Berry Smoothie. Strawberry tea. water

Snack 1:-  None

Lunch:-   Grilled ham, egg and tomato, corn thin. Strawberry tea.

Snack 2:-   Strawberry tea, 

Dinner:-  Rice crackers, cheese, cherry tomatoes, apricot.


Snack 3:-  Icecream cone

Snack 4:-  Strawberry tea. 1/2 muffin buttered.   

Drinking:-  Water x 1 + ?
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 2 + ?
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 0

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *y/n*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes/no*
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........

How I did I do?


I'm happy that I managed the day without doing anything stupid. I'm also disappointed. I admit to eating 1/2 muffin which was, of course, made with wheat flour.


Now I have a dilemma. Do I start counting my wheat free days from scratch? I don't need to eliminate wheat 100% and I do eat a few things which have some wheat such as sausages.


A perfectionist would restart counting but I'm no longer a perfectionist, an all or nothing person.


I am going to continue counting days because that's the number of days I have followed my wheat and gluten free plan. The plan continues and this lttle slip-up is something I need to be prepare for so it doesn't happen again for a very long time.


It's getting late and I need to go to bed now that I've convinced myself it's alright to continue with my heading.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely don't be a perfectionist!! I too say I am wheat free yet eat sausages etc. In my opinion it is what you do 95% of the time. The point is you are not munching on toast or cakes or pies. Keep counting and don't beat yourself up for half a muffin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... perfectionism is destructive. But so it not being honest with ourselves. So the only one that can decide how to track is you. I'm not a fanatic either. I eliminated the big sources. But don't read labels on things like, say a worchestershire sauce or a sausage... the nit picky stuff. So what I did was just track on plan days, in my side bar. I think I'm up to 71 out of 78 days; that's how I track it. I never expected to be "perfect" from the start. But I also am calling it what it is, on or off my plan. And that's the key word, MY plan. That's just the way I do it, so I don't start telling myself stuff just to feel better about it, or justify it or make excuses after the fact. I'm good at that, LOL! So, had to make a way to be realistic, accepting the inevitable goofs, without letting it discourage me or throw me off track.

    Well, don't know if any of that even applies to you, ha ha ha... you are doing so well, in spite of so many stressors. Just do whatever works for YOU. You are doing fine, so obviously somethings working! :-)

    ReplyDelete