Thursday, February 2, 2012

DAY 33 - 31ST DAY WHEAT FREE - 21ST DAY NO COFFEE - 10 DAYS MORNING WALK




OUR DAUGHTER'S BIRTHDAY

We have a family meeting with our lawyer. For some reason I feel somewhat apprehensive. This is the beginning of John and I being able to rebuild our lives. Today should not change anything short term but could set the foundation for the future. We have longed for this day of 'freedom' but is it going to be what we want to hear? We'll have more certainty later today so no sense fretting now.




Weight:-  7.30 am  -   - 104 kg


Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs. 


Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.


Next weigh-in March 1st.



Sneak look and I've lost another 1 kg. I weigh about the same time in the same circumstances on scales which I am confident are as accurate as most bathroom scales and are definitely consistent. I am still amazed that I am losing weight. I feel puffy ... the weather is sticky and humid and I haven't held back on the snacks, just avoided anything wheat. At this stage I am still eating some stuff with sugar including about 5 or 6 Ferrer Rocher chocolates.

Breakfast:-  Berry Smoothie. Strawberry tea. water

Snack 1:-  Iced chocolate

Lunch:-   Restaurant lunch. I ordered beetroot marinated salmon .... didn't like the texture so John ate 3/4s of my meal and I ate some of his belly pork .... very small pieces. Dessert was balsamic strawberries with meringue, icecream and whipped cream. 

Snack 2:-   none 

Dinner:-  2corn cobs. ham, corn thins, pickle

Snack 3:-  Camomile tea.  almonds 

Drinking:-  Water x 0
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 2 +?
Coffee, black, unsweetened x 0

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *y/n*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes* More than 4000 steps this morning so that's 1.8 km/1.2 miles. Very slow. I was out for nearly an hour and only one pause to pick up my counting shells. I collect a number of small shells and either drop one for every 100 steps or switch hands. It may sound pathetic but works for me.
5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........

How I did I do?


It's been a weird day. First we learned a special friend had died .... not unexpected but ... funeral in New Plymouth on Saturday.


Representatives of Mum's 4 children met with the lawyer. That went Ok. We have a good lawyer which helps when families are still highly emotional.


Lunch at Salt, 20 something family so that was nice. 


Shopped for Jane's birthday gift.


Family meeting which got a bit messy. Fall-out from resentments that have been building up for more than 30 years. No-one wins. Everyone feels ragged at the end of day.


I've stayed wheat and coffee free and still walking.


Tomorrow will be easy to manage. Saturday nearly impossible. Sunday not easy either. I will continue wheat and coffee free but after that it will be a case of making the best choices available. 


Off to bed soon and hope I sleep better than last night.

2 comments:

  1. Goodness you are going into the most stressful part of your life (nearly). Will/death bring out the worst in people. It broke up my marriage (well he blamed that) and wrecks relationships. I don't envy you. Be strong and remember not to ruin your good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol just found this blog.... I knew you had mentioned but never clicked the link, will bookmark tis one, take care and have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete