Saturday, February 11, 2012

DAY 42 - 40TH DAY MAINLY WHEAT FREE - 30TH DAY NO COFFEE - 4TH DAY WALKING




This photo was taken one morning last week as I started on my walk about 8 am or earlier. The sun is shining on the rounded hill with Castle Rock silhouetted against the pale morning sky. There were soft clouds hanging over the hills. It made a wonderful scene.


Weight:-  7.30 am  -   - 104 kg


Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs. 


Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.


Next weigh-in March 1st.


Very pleased that when I checked my weight on our son's bathroom scales 103.2kg.

Breakfast:-  Yoghurt with 2 dried apricots and chopped almonds. It needed sweetening and Amanda had some natural, raw honey from a neighbour's bees. Oh, Oh, Oh! Talk about flavour. Delicious. Strawberry tea. water

Snack 1:-  None

Lunch:-   Antipasto. salami, pepperdew stuffed with cream cheese, blue cheese, chunk red pepper, baby spinach leaves, gherkin. Tea.

Snack 2:-   Strawberry tea, and small piece of blue cheese

Dinner:-  Sausage, mushrooms and salad with honey mustard dressing. Tea.

Snack 3:-  Camomile tea.  almonds 

Drinking:-  Water x 1
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 4

Diet lemon, lime & bitters x 0

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *y/n*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes*


Walked to Pak 'n Save for groceries so we could have breakfast. Good walk and kept bags light to carry home. 2.5 km.

5 minutes cross-trainer *no*

Reporting Back ..........

How I did I do?


I've had a crazy day in part and a nice relaxing day in part.


Walking to the SuperMarket was great. This is definitely the best time of day to go grocery shopping. Hardly anyone in the shop and most displays were freshly filled. I enjoyed browsing along the shelves in a bigger shop than we have at Whitianga. 


I really enjoyed walking in the cool early morning air too. Although this is supposed to be our warmest month a cold southerly kept the temp lower than usual. I was interested to note and enjoy the well kept gardens but so many abandoned too. It's a strange feeling. Also major road works going on and one street I crossed completely closed to vehicular traffic.


I had a few phone calls and emails that's where crazy came into the day. My sister has been dabbling in alternative religion for many years and since Mum died has been talking to Mum via her spirit guide ... or something like that. I have always been concerned but some of the things Mum is supposed to be telling her are alarming and my sister sounds as though she is losing her sanity. 


Many long conversations with various family members followed. I was glad to hear from her daughter that my sister seems more settled today but this will not be the end of it. Another problem to distract us. 


I feel reasonably at peace but at the same time there is an underlying anxiety. Again I'm glad I'm too far away to be personally involved at the moment.


My sister is a very sweet person most of the time. It grieves me to see her going through this kind of agony even if it is the result of some of her own choices.


At the moment she isn't answering my calls. I'm hoping it's because she is in the garden.


What my sister is doing is very dangerous to her mental 
health and forbidden in the Holy Bible. I feel helpless because you cannot discuss these matters with her in a rational way. I have simply avoided the subject or wriggled out of one of her 'discussions.' I can only wait for her to be ready to talk to me again and Pray for God's love to embrace her.


This afternoon has been far more relaxed. We went shopping for dog food at Animates and then plants and fertiliser at Bunnings, hardware and building supplies. And now we are chatting. Yay!


I'll be in bed reasonably early and should have a better sleep than last night.

3 comments:

  1. What makes me angry is that when people are at their most vulnerable, grieving and hurting, these mediums take advantage of that, dangling "contact" out to them. I know we make our own choices, but that "spirit guide" is going to have to answer for what she's done, too.

    You are right... all you can do is lift your sister up to God, and pray for His protection and that her eyes and ears be opened. He's so gracious that way. :-)

    See... before I met Jesus personally, back in 1975, I dabbled in the occult, too. So I am quite aware of God's GRACE and mercy. And I claim that for your sister, too, in the name of Jesus!!

    And did I read that right... you lost 23 lbs in January??! Even during extraordinarily hard times, you plugged away, and it's paying off.
    :-)
    Yay!!!

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a Christian (no religion) - but certainly believe in the way/values of Christianity as the right way to live. I have a great dislike (is hate too strong) for these "mediums" putting ideas into people's heads.. con artists all of them if you ask me but they have such willing victims unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your Sister. I will be praying for her!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete