Sunday, February 26, 2012

DAY 56 - 54TH DAY MAINLY WHEAT FREE - NO DAYS NO COFFEE - NO MORNING WALK

TOMORROW MORNING I WILL PREPARE MY BREAKFAST WITH THIS VIEW OF CASTLE ROCK
I RARELY EXPERIENCE BEING HOMESICK. iT'S CURIOUS AND SOMETHING OF A NOVELTY

Weight:-  7.30 am  -   - 104 kg



Start weight check was 114.5 kg/251 lbs.



Official weight loss for January is 10.5 kg/23 lbs.




Next weigh-in March 1st.




Breakfast:-  Peach tea. water, Honey yoghurt, chopped almonds and dried apricots.

Snack 1:-  Peach tea

Lunch:-   Very small bowl left-over lamb stir-fry. Salami, pepperdew, gherkin, corn-thins, peach tea 

Snack 2:-   Water, iced coffee, jet planes, (wine gums)

Dinner:-  Restaurant: chicken and bacon salad, lemon, lime and bitters.

Snack 3:-  Peach tea, corn-thins, butter and berry jam.

Drinking:-  Water x 2
Strawberry and Mango Tea, etc x 5

Lemon, lime and bitters x 1
Iced coffee x 1

Daily Goal:-  1.5 lt. or 5 - 6 large cups *yes*

Exercise:-  15 minutes walk *yes/no*


Only walking done was around airports with carry-on luggage

Reporting Back ..........


Weird day as I was surprised by an over-flow of emotion. A confusion of homesickness and awareness that my mother would not be there to greet us when we dropped off our daughter-in-law, who had travelled with us but on a flight one hour later. Amanda wanted to spend the weekend with our daughter, Jane, while her Wayne was away on a fishing trip. We take Amanda back to Auckland airport on Tuesday afternoon and will probably stay the night rather than do the a double drive.


At the same time as missing my Mum kicked in I was grieving for our son in prison. It will be some months before we return to Christchurch so we can visit him. We have possibly 6 years of fleeting 1 or maybe 2 hour visits when we can manage to be in Christchurch. Initially I'm aiming for every 6 months. This is all wrong but there's nothing we can do. I have to keep remembering he's an adult who did something seriously bad. My mother's heart doesn't change so I live with the pain ..... What's new? - nothing except the degree of emotional hurting.

How did I do?

Reasonable all things considered. It was about 9 pm when we arrived home, more than 8 hours after leaving our son's house.

Very tired now but I did sleep fairly well last night thanks to a drop in temperature.



1 comment:

  1. I sounds like all the emotions are trying to show up at the same time... I'm sorry it's so hard right now. I had a feeling you would find your own way and time to grieve, but I wish it didn't have to be at the same time as dealing with your son's situation.

    I just pray the the Lord will hold you close, and comfort and encourage you.

    Hugs,
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete